Sleep Doesn't Work On Leopard 10.5.8

2 posts in this topic

After i managed to fix most problems with my Hackintosh, I know have one more major problem. My sleep doesn't work, I used this a lot on windows. I have tried using one sleep enabler kext but it sent me into a panic and i had to reinstall. MAking life a bit more harder =/ I am worried about installing another one because i have used mac for a while now and everything is needed.

If anyone could direct me to a correct patch/kext to help fix the problem it will be much appreciated, and one which has been tested on an AMD system.

Thanks A Lot!!

CYN

• 3 weeks later...
After i managed to fix most problems with my Hackintosh, I know have one more major problem. My sleep doesn't work, I used this a lot on windows. I have tried using one sleep enabler kext but it sent me into a panic and i had to reinstall. MAking life a bit more harder =/ I am worried about installing another one because i have used mac for a while now and everything is needed.

If anyone could direct me to a correct patch/kext to help fix the problem it will be much appreciated, and one which has been tested on an AMD system.

Thanks A Lot!!

CYN

Tell you the truth, SLEEP did not work all that well for the regular Macs either.

I never used it when I was running my old Mac that done died on me two months ago.

It was cheaper building a Windoze machine than buying a new Mac so that is what I went with that.

A Asus P5RD1-VM motherboard with 2 Gigs of ram on board. Pentium 4 cpu running at 2.66 ghz. An ATi 1300 video card w/dual monitor output.

USB mouse and keyboard. Belkin F7D1101 USB wireless adapter.

A Toshiba DVD read, CD RW drive. Can't make DVD's, but can make CD's

Be darned, however, if I can come up with a way to install my retail version of OSX 10.5 retail (vanilla) on my setup. Or any other version for that matter.

All the instructions and guides I have been able to access here and else-where on the net all assume you already have a working Hackintosh, or at least a working Mac to install from.

I need a from scratch method of doing this. I have an Intel machine that will handle the sse3 stuff (did I remember that right?) Already checked that part.

For some goofy reason, Windoze XP only loads up at 32bit. Ubuntu 10.04 loads at 64bit, and that is what I am using right now.

Only took a week to get real tired of the cpu locking up for 5 to ten minutes everytime one of the applications maxed out the cpu usage in Windoze. Not the memory, the cpu it'self.

Ubuntu doesn't do that.

It did take a week of trying different methods of installing and setting up bootloaders to finally get the Ubuntu to take off and run. The live CD ran just fine from the first burning. In 64bit mode.

I would like to try OSX 10.5 on this thing, but like I stated, coming up with a from scratch method is making my hair fall out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And tried, cause that is the only way I will get it to work, anyway.

Thanks