Hackint0shing any desktop

Zman5

3 posts in this topic

I apologize for any naiveness that I may show in this post, but I'm really conflicted with what exactly I should do for a new computer. So first I decided that I definitely didn't want another apple made mac. I looked into hacking a PC laptop, but then decided that was a little complicated and I didn't like the fact everything may not work (wi-fi, etc.). I then thought I would do as my friend is doing and just build my own computer. However, I do not have the time or confidence to build my own. SO here's the question:

Can I buy a PC desktop (like a performance HP or an Alienware tower) and instead of partitioning the HDD, as I would have to in a laptop, just install and run Mac OS X on an additionally installed HDD in the tower? Furthermore, would everything work (time machine compatibility, monitor connection, etc.) with Mac OS X?

Thanks guys!

Yes it would be posible as long this machines hardware specs are compatible. the advantage of building your own system is you can pick the parts that are as close to out of the box compatible leaving you with a very stable and workable Hackintosh. see my sig.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes it would be posible as long this machines hardware specs are compatible. the advantage of building your own system is you can pick the parts that are as close to out of the box compatible leaving you with a very stable and workable Hackintosh. see my sig.

If i give you my computer specs will you be able to tell me if i can run Osx86?

i can look in dxdiag and system information to find the specs.