Hackintosh for Video Editing

5 posts in this topic

hello... i need help and recommendations in assembling a Hackintosh that can run the Final Cut Studio 3 smoothly and stable. I'm planning for a i7 processor, 12 gigs DDR3, Nvidia GTX graphics card, etc. I need help on deciding what brand and model of the MOBO and other parts of the PC and whats the best distro to install. thanks and more power...

hello... i need help and recommendations in assembling a Hackintosh that can run the Final Cut Studio 3 smoothly and stable. I'm planning for a i7 processor, 12 gigs DDR3, Nvidia GTX graphics card, etc. I need help on deciding what brand and model of the MOBO and other parts of the PC and whats the best distro to install. thanks and more power...

]Six months ago I built an i7 based PC to run snow Leopard. I use it for both Final Cut Studio 3 and Logic Studio 9.

Heres what I bought:

Cooler Master Cosmos case and 900 watt power supply.

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Rev1.0 with an Intel i7 920 CPU and 12 GB OCZ DDR3-1600 RAM (2x6).

An EVGA Nvidia 9800 GTX+ video card and Corsair Hydro H-50 water cooler.

Two SATA disk drives and One DVD/RW and one BluRay SATA burners.

I also invested in the OCZ memory cooler and it really helps keep those chips cool.

Running 10.6.3 from RETAIL DVD install using Kakewalk USB installer. If you use the RETAIL Apple DVD Installer, there are no problems updating your OS versions as with a Didtro.

My motherboard has USB 2.0 and SATA II ports where the later UD7 has USB 3.0 and SATA III ports. No big difference unless you can find USB 3.0 devices or SATA III disk drives.