Abit AB9 Pro

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am a Mac user who has just taken to installing OS X on his pc due to boredom ;) An AMD64 3000 @ 3800 and a X1800XT I just got because its supported by OS X x86 very easily with some sweet borisbadenov patch :dev: (never managed X800Pro CI/QE working and I read that others had the same problem). No sata support on nForce.. can live with that until my conroe setup :dev:

I am building a Core 2 Duo E6600 setup as soon as my order comes and its got about a week to ship, so I was wondering if the Abit AB9 Pro was a good choice of motherboard? I'm hoping for it to be my main desktop and run OS X 10.5 once its fixed to work on fake macs :dev:. I ordered that because I read up here and seen the AB9 non pro recommended probably for price, but hey the pro was very little extra! It fits my P180 as the power connectors will reach to the parts fine :dev:. Anyone know if sata and sound will work? I'm hoping for it to be rock solid like my refurb PB, G5 and AMD64 OS X

The Abit is a good choice, solid performance for a reasonable price. But since I'm building a conroe system myself, I found out, with the help of some reviewers, that they Asus is a very, very good choice:

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&am...amp;modelmenu=1

I don't know if someone already has real-life experience with those boards, since the conroe is yet to be shipped, but I think it will perform pretty good. The upcoming G5 replacement is bound to have a conroe with a 975 or 965 chipset in it, in my opinion.

Good luck with your choice!