Trouble Finding A Working Distro

sevaa

8 posts in this topic

First off , thanks for any help given I will do my best to describe as much of my hardware specs as possible and try to recall all the different "scenes" I've tried installing MAC.

I have tried iAtkos , iPC , Kalyway , leo4all and a 5th I can't recall .. all of the mentioned I believe was 10.5.2

The iPC scene I believe was the most promising of the group , as it actually installed successfully , however on first boot , at the grey apple it would sit for awhile then show a universal "Stop" sign and just hang there. All the other ones I've tried seem to reboot automatically after loading the disc and attempting to load with -v or without (may be describing that wrong , it's what you see before entering the MAC display lol)

Specs:

AMD Athlon II X2 2.9Ghz CPU

ASUS M4A785-M mobo

Has anyone got a successful installation with any of the above "major" hardware to work? Or can point me in the direction (just need a distro name , I can search for the torrents) of a distro/scene that would most likely work for my hardware

(should have used my tax return for a real MAC instead of PC upgrades :( )

First off , thanks for any help given I will do my best to describe as much of my hardware specs as possible and try to recall all the different "scenes" I've tried installing MAC.

I have tried iAtkos , iPC , Kalyway , leo4all and a 5th I can't recall .. all of the mentioned I believe was 10.5.2

The iPC scene I believe was the most promising of the group , as it actually installed successfully , however on first boot , at the grey apple it would sit for awhile then show a universal "Stop" sign and just hang there. All the other ones I've tried seem to reboot automatically after loading the disc and attempting to load with -v or without (may be describing that wrong , it's what you see before entering the MAC display lol)

Specs:

AMD Athlon II X2 2.9Ghz CPU

ASUS M4A785-M mobo

EVGA GTX480 Superclocked 1536MB PCIe 2.0

8GB Corsair xms pc2 6400

Has anyone got a successful installation with any of the above "major" hardware to work? Or can point me in the direction (just need a distro name , I can search for the torrents) of a distro/scene that would most likely work for my hardware

(should have used my tax return for a real MAC instead of PC upgrades :) )

Did you try iDeneb_v1.5.1_OSX86_v10.5.7?

Going to post a few pictures. The following setup selection allowed me to get to installation success however , on return reboot I get the last result. I'd be happy to get some advice on combination of settings to try. Ask any question and I will try my best to answer them! Thanks again ;)

EDIT: Sorry didn't add what my hdd and dvd drive was ... hdd's are sata the 1TB external is connected with eSata .. dvd drive is IDE

post-648141-1280376923.jpgpost-648141-1280376936.jpgpost-648141-1280376943.jpgpost-648141-1280376950.jpgpost-648141-1280376956.jpgpost-648141-1280376961.jpgpost-648141-1280376968.jpgpost-648141-1280376980.jpgpost-648141-1280376986.jpgpost-648141-1280376995.jpg

You need to select the appropriate driver for your motherboard SATA controller here:

post-378074-1280378411.jpg

Which one would that be if you know? From what I googled , my guess is the AppleATIATA ??

Also should I uncheck the AHCI SATA/IDE option?

Thanks for your suggestion Gringo much appreciated:D

Your motherboard has ATI chipset so yes.. I don't know if it will work with your particular SBxxx variant though, you're at the edge of the frame here, compatibility wise.

About SATA/IDE, try without it at first and see if it works. I don't know what that does. It could be something for older SATA controllers with no native AHCI mode.