Anyone got a successfull SCSI?

4 posts in this topic

Hi there folks,

Has anyone managed to use any kind of a SCSI controller with any SCSI drive on it, under 10.4.4 or > ?

I am mostly interested in using SCSI recorders that would work under Toast but if you got any kind of drive working under Tiger let me know..

Thanks

Why not use an ordinary IDE cd/dvd-burner. And if you have an IDE that isn't supported out of box you just use patchburn (www.patchburn.de) to make it work :P

SCSI-support on Mac Intel-platform is unfortunately almost non existent, perhaps that will be leviated a bit when they release Intel-based servers but the will probably only make drivers for reeeeeally expensive SCSI-adapters :P

I can and am already using an IDE burner, (NEC 3550) but what i had in mind involves audio-specific stuff, mostly sampler CDRoms, and i would really like to try a few things out.

So, the question still is: has anyone got a successfull SCSI?

Yes, using Adaptect AHA-2940U2B (MAC) in pci slot, the AHA-2906CU (MAC) and AHA-2930CU (MAC) should also work.

I have several B&W G3's that have both cards (2930/2940) but they were not being used for much other than a SCSI MULTI-CD writer (5 CD simultaineously) and have since been retired.