Hmm...

trixx

8 posts in this topic

Ok, so my processor is MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3. Is this going to work for 10.4.6 JaS ISO?

I REALLY want to try something other than Windows, and Linux doesn't work for my PC, so I REALLY hope this will work.

Ok, so my processor is MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3. Is this going to work for 10.4.6 JaS ISO?

I REALLY want to try something other than Windows, and Linux doesn't work for my PC, so I REALLY hope this will work.

hmm i undertand that was your first post

i think that proc's specs will works great

but

hmm

what 's chipset are you using? if SiS you're not lucky

hmm

dont just hmm and do something :)

Hahaha bad habit, carried from another forum, plus I was running on low sleep sorry :) Ok, SiS?! Chipset... I don't know o.o Here's my specs.

I have integrated high definition Intel sound card...

Processor

Intel ® Pentium ® 4 Processor 530J with HT Technology

Operating System:

Microsoft ® Windows ® XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2

Memory:

512MB PC2-3200 DDR2 SDRAM memory (2x256MB for ultimate performance) (expandable to 4GB)

Hard Drive:

200GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive

Optical drives:

DVD-ROM drive 16x max. speed

LightScribe Double Layer 16X DVD±R/RW drive with CD writer capabilities: 16x DVD+R, 8x DVD-R, 4x DVD±RW, 2.4x DVD+R DL, 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CDR, 24x CDRW, 40x CD-ROM ROM

Video Graphics:

Intel ® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 with up to 128MB shared video memory

Network Card:

Integrated 10/100Base-T network interface

Sound:

Intel ® High Definition Audio, 8 speaker configurable

Fax/Modem

56k modem

Included Peripherals:

HP Internet keyboard

HP scroller mouse

Everything looks great, you should probably get everything working out of the box. I have the same setup except for a p4 640. i used 10.4.5 universal disk since i got everything working out of the box. You might have to fix sound if you dont get it and look around to get full support from your gma900.

BTW it looks as if you have an intel mobo can you confirm this?

Intel P4 processor, a1030n PC, but mobo? How can I confirm the motherboard? Wait, it ISN'T AMD.... Or Mac... so I guess it's intel xD

First off, this is the post-installation talk, which means that you come here "after" you managed to install the OS.. :)

Anyway, if you know the model/manufacturer of your motherboard, then it's easy to find out the specs.

Unless your computer is an OEM type of thing, which means you got the whole whatchamacallit pre-assembled. In this case, if it's a well known brand, you can still easily find the specs, knowing what model computer you own

Last, if the afforementioned is not your case, you have to open the chassis and visually inspect the motherboard to find the model. Usually it is printed in thick white letters (but not neccessarily)..

Hope this helps