Triple boot problem

roli

3 posts in this topic

I have problem triple booting Suse linux 10.0, win XP and OSX. A 6 months ago I succesully installed OSX 10.4.3. But I didn't use it because of stupid refresh rate. I found new calisto ATI drivers for OS X two days ago. I get OS X 10.4.6 with patch. As I sad I had working OS X on my computer before. But I erased it after two days. In that time my primary disk failed and I bought bigger disk. But the disk with OSX is still the same. Today I created new partition for OSX. I created 12 GB partition for OS X after small primary FAT32 partition, after OS X partition there are two more extended partitions. I installed OS X on that partition. Before that I formated that partition with apple disk uttily. When installation was complete, I removed OS X DVD and booted up suse linux. I added new line in GRUB bootloader. I ised chainloader. Then i restarted my computer and selected OS X for boot But then I got HFS+ partition error and computer freezes. If I use OS X DVD (I press F8) i don't have option to select HDD for boot. I tryed installing OS X 10.4.3 (it worked before) but the problem is still the same. I don't have any idea what is wrong. I mounted OS X partition with linux and there are many folders there. Apple disk uttily says that partition has no problems. What is wrong?

Picture of my partitions:

20tqg5y.png

System configuration:

Intel P4 SSE2 procesor

ECS elitegroup L4VXA2 motherboard

512 MB RAM

ATI Radeon 9200 SE graphic card

Primary disk Maxtor diamondback 200 GB

Secondary disk Excelstor J80 (with OS X partition)

P.S: It is strange that Darwin bootloader can't replace GRUG. BEcause last time darwin bootloader replaced WIN XP bootloader.

Your partition configuration looks mangled. You should review your partition information and always install Windows and OS X on the first drive (/dev/hda). You won't have any peoblems install Linux on the 2nd drive (/dev/hdd). What do you have in /dev/hdc?

I would move ExcelStor to the first drive (hda) and move the Maxtor to the second drive (hdc). Your cd/dvd-rom shouuld be (hdb).

Thank you for advice. It work but it doesn't work. I changed partitions with partition magic. Then I restarted computer and GRUB had a problem loading. So I replaced MBR with windows CD. Then I installed OS X. After that I changed OS X partition to active. I booted up OS X. Then I changed windows partition back to active. After that I reinstalled GRUB and added OS X as boot option. After that I can't boot OS X. I tryed setting OS X partition as active but it doesn't help. I get HFS+ partition error. So the problem is in GRUB. How can I repair that problem?