Snow Leopard Retai on Dell Latitude D620 Laptop...

10 posts in this topic

Just to warn everyone I have one partition on this Hard Drive. Only Snow Leopard is installed on this Laptop. This is not a dual boot Snow Leopard and another OS tutorial.

Required equipment:

Retail Snow Leopard

External Keyboard and Mouse (I don't have the correct kewt files yet so you need an exteral keyboard and mouse.

1.) download this file http://www.mediafire.com/?3wyjymklrdz.

2.) burn the legacybootcd.iso file to a blank CD.

3.) Start that laptop and put the disc in the CD-ROM drive.

4.) Hit F12 and then Boot from CD.

5.) After CD loads a chameleon boot loader will appear. Eject the disc and replace it with your retail snow leopard disc.

6.) Press F5 and then highlight the retail Snow Leopard disc when it appears. Type the following on your keyboard.-v cpus=1 busratio=20.

7.) Install Snow Leopard normally. Format the Hard Drive under Disk Utility. Under volume scheme select one partition and name it whatever you like. before you apply you have to click on options and select GUID Partition Table if its not already selected then you have to make sure under format that it is Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Now you can click apply. After its done partitioning exit out of disk utility adn select the hard drive you just partitioned. Then click install and that should take 25-30 minutes.

8.) When Snow Leopard finishes installs click on restart PC. Boot from the CD when it restarts.

Now HIGHLIGHT the hard drive you installed mac on. Now boot the hard drive with the flags -v cpus=1 busratio=20. When mac boots up you should see the welcome video then you should see the setup. Of course just go through the setup until you get to the mac desktop. Now you have to transfer the folder you downloaded onto the desktop of your mac. After that open the folder and open Kext Helper b7. Then go into the kexts folder and drag its contents into Kext Helper and click on Easy Install. When your done dont reboot, instead go to the Legacy Boot Cd and go into extra, then post-install, and open and install the myhackinstaller.

Now I need insanelymacs help. For some reason the monitor turns off the second I try to log on to Snow Leopard. I have an external monitor hooked up to my laptop. The video is missed up. To get the display working on the external monitor log off then the display works perfectly on the external monitor. I need help finding the right kewt files for my interal video drive. Please bump my thread.

I really need help getting the monitor working on my laptop. It boot fine but the second I login to the Snow Leopard Profile I created the Monitor of the Laptop goes out. I have to plug in an external Monitor when that Happens.

• 2 weeks later...
I really need help getting the monitor working on my laptop. It boot fine but the second I login to the Snow Leopard Profile I created the Monitor of the Laptop goes out. I have to plug in an external Monitor when that Happens.

After #6, I lost video. Computer doesn't reboot either, not even BIOS. It looks like Legacy Boot CD killed something. I hope I can get my PC back to work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...