Booting 10.6.3 Retail CD on P5QL-VM-EPU

3 posts in this topic

Ok, after searching google for a week trying to solve my problem, I gave up and decided to ask for help here.

So, when I realized that I could get snow leopard for $30 off amazon, I couldn't resist and I was pretty sure my computer would work perfectly fine for a hackintosh. Once I got the cd, I tried many different methods of booting the retail install cd, all to no avail. Every time it instantly goes to a kernel panic (picture attached) I have tried safe mode also, but once it's done loading all the kexts it also kps. I tried using many different boot flags, including cpus=1, -f, -x, busratio=20 but none of it works and it still won't boot.

I have heard from my google searches that with ASUS computers you should get a modified bios, but I can't find any for my specific motherboard.

Specs:

ASUS CG5270 Desktop

P5QL-VM-EPU Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300

8GB DDR2 RAM

1TB SATA Hard Drive

SATA DVD Drive

ATI Radeon HD 3470

Trying to Install:

Snow Leopard Retail 10.6.3

Please, I want to do this with my disc, NOT torrent one of the hacked distros.

post-644784-1279557788_thumb.jpg

wait!!!, are you saying you just poped the dvd in ur comp and didnt use any bootloaders like Empire EFI or some thing. you still have to do some stuff to get it to work not just the retail dvd

:( I know what I am doing. By different methods I meant bootloaders and stuff like that. Tried Empire EFI, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Supported and ATI, myHack installer on usb hard drive, EP45UD3P Snow Leopard install package, boot-132, netkas' PC EFI 10.5, none of them worked and brought me to the same kernel panic.

Also, if I did just try to boot to the CD I wouldn't have gotten a panic at all, it would have just gone right to booting my hard drive.