for iatkos v7 on pentium 4, do I need voodoo, vanilla?

5 posts in this topic

In the past, I installed iatkos v4 in this PC

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 524, 3066 MHz (23 x 133)

Motherboard: Intel South Lake 3 D915GVSE3

Graphic card:Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (128 MB)

Sound: Realtek ALC880(D) @ Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller

I need to have mac 10.5.6 or later to be able use software as iWork, new Safari´s version, so, I tried to install iAtkos v7, but, after of the installation, iatkos no run, chamelon appears, but mac no run, I have been tried with many differrents customices, but nothing works, is possible to use iatkos v7 on pentium 4?

How I can achieve it?, with voodoo, vanilla, is a kernel problem?... o better... I´ll iDeneb, but I want to install iAtkos v7, please, I need your help! thanks.

Since your Pentium 4 isn't a Core series processor you're gonna have to go with the Voodoo kernel, the Vanilla kernel can't boot on your computer without some modifications which were too much of a hassle for me so I stuck with the voodoo kernel.

EDIT: If it won't boot after you install with the Voodoo kernel, you should press F8 at Chameleon, select the hard drive with OS X on it and boot with the -v flag (just type in -v)

Hi, thanks for your answer, with voodoo iatkos didn´t problem from the BIOS, but, iatkos no run only appear the white screen with tha apple, but no appear the preloader... iatkos no run, I intented all type of configurations, what I can do?, some patch, kernel, to choose some customize in iatkos install? or definitely I should find other distribution as iDeneb?

• 1 year later...