Update MeDevil's AppleNForceATA please!

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Is anyone actively working on AppleNForceATA? This kext still has major problems. I am using Snow Leopard and I have an nForce 430 chipset (MCP61P). I have tried every AppleNForceATA kext out there and one of the older versions (1.0.2) is causing problems and the latest version (1.0.4 by AnV) is causing problems. Using the older one, I can read DVDs from my SATA DVD drive but I cannot access my SATA hard drives. Using the newer one, I can access my SATA hard drives but I cannot read DVDs from my SATA DVD drive! I have also tried using AppleVIAATA for my SATA and it turns out it has the same problem as the older AppleNForceATA. In addition, none of these kexts allow me to burn DVDs from my SATA DVD drive. Could someone help me out please? Thanks.

• 6 months later...
Guest sincro77

yes i second this ...

64 bit nforce ata...

like him ive tried them all and landed in the same spot.

test version 1.0.3 medevil but its only 32 bit.

still works in -force64 with 32 bit kernel.

but ,, not in true arch=x86_64 mode//. none of them load for me .

i get a mesage early on that it wasnt loaded))

Please someone respond.........

sincro77

oooooooo...MeDevil's TEST AppleNForceATA lets me read DVDs and hard drives! Now if someone could get DVD writing working and make a 64-bit version of this TEST kext, that would be great. ;)

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately, I think they'll never update this driver, just because they don't care about the nforce chipset or the burning issue at all, I guess. :wacko:

The Nforce mothers boards are pretty old at this point too.