Please help for toshiba satilite a505 6020

5 posts in this topic

I've had no luck installing Snow on this machine. Every boot loader i've tried crashes. Including snow leopard hazard. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Please help. It also has a nvidia 310m.

Me too bro, my machine is Toshiba A505-S6033, Insyde bios 1.30,I7 720qm Toshiba motherboard, southbridge Intel Dmi host brdige revision 11, northbridge Intel hm55 revision11,Nvidia geforce 310m 512mb. when i boot with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] plus original osx 10.6.3 or iatkos s3 v2 it just stays in apple logo with loading icon.... any body who can help? tnx in advance....

• 1 month later...

I have quite a similar machine and a similar problem. There is a known trouble with BIOS in these series. Linux couldn't be installed on them neither. On Linux however the problem has been quickly resolved by a simple operation incorporated into the loader, which is copying the DSDT to memory prior to loading the system. And further referring to the tables copied to the RAM rather than working with the motherboard directly. The issue is that somehow the DSDT tables get overwrited with garbage on some stage of loading the system, which totally messes the whole thing up.

As to Hackintosh, there is a built-in possibility to do quite the same with Chameleon. Just get the right DSDT and place it into the dedicated folder inside the installer media, and the bootloader should pick it up (I think this is "Extra" folder on your installer media). Probably you would need to make your bootloader load from a usb stick (where you may easily place your DSDT file) or otherwise mess with the image before burning it on CD/DVD, which is a bit more complicated. I was moving in this direction, but eventually I had some more important things to do and so this is being delayed as for now.

Of course, no guarantees this will actually work, but it might, especially combined with other techniques, such as tuning the DSDT to match the OsX expectations of hardware. There are plenty of tutorials (most of them outdated) referring to how this should be done.

The right DSDT (ONLY FOR L505D-S5983) is located right here:

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=23950

I think you should rename it to dsdt.aml in order to use it with Chameleon.

You may also refer to this discussion by Linux developers:

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14679

Please post any resluts, positive or negative, so other people with this problem can benefit of your trial and error too.

Edit: provided link is only valid for L505D-S5983. In order to use this technique with another model you should get DSDT matching your machine. You should be able to do this from windows. It's ought to be genuine, because some of the cracking techniques include overriding the original DSDT tables, in order to make Windows think it's installed on a valid OEM machine. If this kind of technique is in use on your machine you won't be able to get the right DSDT while on Windows. If your Windows is genuine, go to acpica.org and download Windows Binary Tools (current direct link: http://acpica.org/download/iasl-win-20100806.zip). There should be utility named iasl in this package, use it in command prompt (probably need to be administrator): iasl -g. This should provide you with DSDT matching your computer. There is a way to do the same from Linux, if you have troubles with Windows for some reason.

• 5 weeks later...
I have quite a similar machine and a similar problem. There is a known trouble with BIOS in these series. Linux couldn't be installed on them neither. On Linux however the problem has been quickly resolved by a simple operation incorporated into the loader, which is copying the DSDT to memory prior to loading the system. And further referring to the tables copied to the RAM rather than working with the motherboard directly. The issue is that somehow the DSDT tables get overwrited with garbage on some stage of loading the system, which totally messes the whole thing up.

As to Hackintosh, there is a built-in possibility to do quite the same with Chameleon. Just get the right DSDT and place it into the dedicated folder inside the installer media, and the bootloader should pick it up (I think this is "Extra" folder on your installer media). Probably you would need to make your bootloader load from a usb stick (where you may easily place your DSDT file) or otherwise mess with the image before burning it on CD/DVD, which is a bit more complicated. I was moving in this direction, but eventually I had some more important things to do and so this is being delayed as for now.

Of course, no guarantees this will actually work, but it might, especially combined with other techniques, such as tuning the DSDT to match the OsX expectations of hardware. There are plenty of tutorials (most of them outdated) referring to how this should be done.

The right DSDT (ONLY FOR L505D-S5983) is located right here:

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=23950

I think you should rename it to dsdt.aml in order to use it with Chameleon.

You may also refer to this discussion by Linux developers:

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14679

Please post any resluts, positive or negative, so other people with this problem can benefit of your trial and error too.

Edit: provided link is only valid for L505D-S5983. In order to use this technique with another model you should get DSDT matching your machine. You should be able to do this from windows. It's ought to be genuine, because some of the cracking techniques include overriding the original DSDT tables, in order to make Windows think it's installed on a valid OEM machine. If this kind of technique is in use on your machine you won't be able to get the right DSDT while on Windows. If your Windows is genuine, go to acpica.org and download Windows Binary Tools (current direct link: http://acpica.org/download/iasl-win-20100806.zip). There should be utility named iasl in this package, use it in command prompt (probably need to be administrator): iasl -g. This should provide you with DSDT matching your computer. There is a way to do the same from Linux, if you have troubles with Windows for some reason.

hey guys tnx for more info, but here is what i did. i downgraded my bios to 1.20 then that allowed mo to get into the installation proces but I am stuck frome that point. because my keyboard and track pad wont work, not unless i can use a ps/2 mouse and keyboard, then if i used ps/2 keyboard and mouse i have to use an adapter for it so the installer wont recognize it because it is connected through adapter to usb.. so anybody , by the way i used tonymacs, and also 10.6.3 original cd installer..

I don't have one of these, but as I was browsing through your thread caught my eye. Looks like similar issues on install to what we had with Dell Vostros.

For us sorting the USB and the keyboard issues was by adding code into the DSDT for the relevant devices. Code to add to the USB devices was, for instance,

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
		{
			Store (Package (0x07)
				{
					"AAPL,current-available", 
					0x05DC, 
					"AAPL,current-extra", 
					0x03E8, 
					"AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
					0x0BB8, 
					Buffer (One)
					{
						0x00
					}
				}, Local0)
			DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
			Return (Local0)
		}

You also would need the well known DTGP method in the DSDT and to cure your other compile errors.

Realise this may sound confusing, but hope these hints uttered in passing might help. If they don't then please ignore!!!

Good luck.