Which partition order is wisest?

2 posts in this topic

I'm about to do a Win7 Ubuntu and OSX tri boot on my netbook, after having sucessfully done so on my PC already. I encountered a lot of problems on my PC with partition order, because of the inability to resize HFS+ partitions, etc. The fact I haven't decided which I want to use as my main OS doesn't help too, because I seem to always need to resize partitions depending on which needs more data - but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be OS X dedicated from now on.

So my question is, which partition order is deal?

Thanks! :wacko:

I believe you cant install these three in one HD, at least I havent been able after many tries of several ways, one of them the order one installs.

The problem is Windows. Ive install it first and second( it wont install third) but after installing Ubuntu you get 5 partitions and Windows, thought already installed, wont boot since it sees a GPT partition which he considers to be anything more than 4 partitions.

Unless you find a way to have only 4 partitions with 1) EFI partition (boot), 2) OSX, 3) Windows, 4)Ubuntu main and 5)Ubuntu Swap.

If you do, please let me know. :wacko: