Asus laptop + 10.6.3 = No networking - help?

Tamed G

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Got a great 1st time install on my ASUS G51IJ C with a vanilla Snow Leopard and update. Everything looks great but the networking options are looking pretty ugly.

Stuck with this hardware...

- Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

- Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN

I've tried a bunch of kexts trying to get these devices to even show up but have had no joy at all.

I at least need wireless N on my rig but I'd like to be able to get both running.

Am I stuck with getting a USB networking dongle to get wireless or does anyone have any life saving advice to get these pieces of hardware working?

Many thanks for any help.

Download this, extract, open build folder, drag the .kext into kext helper, reboot. U now have Ethernet :(

Hi all,

Got a great 1st time install on my ASUS G51IJ C with a vanilla Snow Leopard and update. Everything looks great but the networking options are looking pretty ugly.

Stuck with this hardware...

- Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

- Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN

I've tried a bunch of kexts trying to get these devices to even show up but have had no joy at all.

I at least need wireless N on my rig but I'd like to be able to get both running.

Am I stuck with getting a USB networking dongle to get wireless or does anyone have any life saving advice to get these pieces of hardware working?

Many thanks for any help.