Getting sleep to work on an MSI GT627?

direcalmly

4 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm new here and to the osx86 stuff.

I recently installed iDeneb (currently running Leopard 10.5.7) on my MSI GT627 and I'm having problems getting the sleep to work. Instead of sleeping it seems like it just powers down the display and renders the system unresponsive. All the LEDs and fans are still running and I have to hard-boot to get back into OSX.

I've tried several different things such as EHCISleepEnabler and replacing IOUSBFamily with a few different versions I read about but they have all ended in I/O errors or simply didn't work. Here are my specs:

From System Info (compatibility) app:

WiFi Link 5100 :)

8280 1I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (ALC888)

8280 1I (ICH9 Family) USB/USB2 EHCI controllers

ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI Controller

JMicron Tech. xD Host Controller

JMicron Tech MS Host Controller

JMichron Tech SD/MMC Host Controller

JMicron Tech Standard HSD Host Controller

JMicron Tech IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller

GeForce 9800 GS

Select stuff from Belarc Analysis:

2.27 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo P8400

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560S [CD-ROM drive]

Board: MSI MS-1651 Ver 1.000

WDC WD3200BEKT-22F3T0 [Hard drive] (320.07 GB)

and 4 gigs of ram

I've read this can be solved on ICH9 chipsets by "tricking" the OS into thinking that its actually ICH10, but after going over the instructions for this operation I deemed it too risky to explore with my skill level. Is there a simpler solution I don't know about? The next thing that I'm going to try is Slice's USB kexts.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically taking stabs in the dark with this. If you need any additional info such as the installation process I went through I have a log of that too.

• 1 month later...

Hey I have the same notebook and I'm running 10.6.4, with the 10.4 mach_kernel (vanilla) and sleep definitely does not work. I have given up on sleep completely but I have everything else except the damn intel 5100 wifi card working flawlessly. I'm dual-booting and I see you are too but if you want to install snow leopard let me know. I have the video card working 100% with 1gig ram and qe/ci working. Restart and shutdown work flawlessly, webcam, bluetooth the touch sensor buttons all work. two finger scrolling works too which is sweet. my bluray drive is also detected..i think i have the 218US version of GT627. both cores are detected without any modifications. basically after install all i needed to get working was the audio and i used voodoohda for that. the mic is the only thing that doesn't work.

Hey all, I'm new here and to the osx86 stuff.

I recently installed iDeneb (currently running Leopard 10.5.7) on my MSI GT627 and I'm having problems getting the sleep to work. Instead of sleeping it seems like it just powers down the display and renders the system unresponsive. All the LEDs and fans are still running and I have to hard-boot to get back into OSX.

I've tried several different things such as EHCISleepEnabler and replacing IOUSBFamily with a few different versions I read about but they have all ended in I/O errors or simply didn't work. Here are my specs:

and 4 gigs of ram

I've read this can be solved on ICH9 chipsets by "tricking" the OS into thinking that its actually ICH10, but after going over the instructions for this operation I deemed it too risky to explore with my skill level. Is there a simpler solution I don't know about? The next thing that I'm going to try is Slice's USB kexts.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically taking stabs in the dark with this. If you need any additional info such as the installation process I went through I have a log of that too.

My suggestion:

Don't Use Sleep!

It doesn't work on regular Macs all that well if at all.

When ever I have tried it , through the various versions from 10.2 through 10.5.8 on my mac that just went on vacation without me, I would end up hard-rebooting, because it would never come back out of sleep mode. Not worth it.

And on laptops there was also a thermal problem during sleep cycles if you could get it to work.

There was a real good chance of the thing catching fire and burning your house down.

Not worth it.

Put on a screen saver, or shut it off completely and restart when you need it.