Already have Windows 7 installed, can I partition and Dual Boot with Leopard?

4 posts in this topic

I have Windows 7 installed on my Hackintosh Compatible Computer using Lifehacker's parts list. I installed windows 7 on it and now i want to be able to Dual boot with Leopard. Is it possible to partition my hard drive and Install leopard on the other partition? If I do this will I lose my current data?

Thanks so much for the support guys, its great to know theres a community to help me through this process.

Which Leopard do you want to install? I guess it's 10.6, anyway i highly recommend, much easier (Original disk/iso + myhack on USB disk/key).

Yes of course, you can dual boot. When you're in Windows, make a new (NTFS) partition on that disk, 10GB at least, then launch your install disk.

After load process is over, go to disk utility and format your new NTFS partition to the Mac format (Mac OS Journaled (Extended), then you can install.

PS: You should give your configuration when you ask questions like that.

I wanted to install it too. I have W7 installed on my laptop. Here is my configuration:

Intel Core i5-430M 2.26GHz

4GB DDR3 RAM

640GB HDD

nVIDIA GeForce GT330m

Wireless N + Bluetooth 2.1+EDR

Can I install OS X 10.6 on it? In dual boot.

Yes i was going for snow leopard (10.6)

Alright well heres my config

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @2.66GHz

8.00 GB RAM

Win 7 64 bit OS

750GB HD nVida GE Force 9800 GTX+ 512 MB

And also, when you change the BIOS settings for the Hackintosh does it mess with the Win 7 partition?