Lost EFI String Support in 10.6.4

bigj6360

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

First off, I want to say hi. This is my second post on my first hackintosh, and so far it is going pretty well.

Anyway, Here is what I have run into. After updating to 10.6.4 all graphics acceleration I had in 10.6.0 is gone. My efi strings are still listed in com.apple.boot.plist, and graphics enabler is switched to yes. I haven't really tired using NVenabler in 10.6.4 because I would like to stay as vanilla as possible. I have used EFIstudio, UInstaller, and osx86tools to attempt to place the correct information in my boot.plist file, but none seem to stick.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get efistrings to work, or have them working? Maybe it's late, Maybe I'm tired, but it seems to be just beyond my grasp right now.

Card: 7800GT

Computer: Dell Precision T5400

I have everything working, but the graphics card. I can post my boot.plist if anyone needs it. I will also attempt NVenabler, but I only see that as a temporary solution. Any help would be apprecatied.

I am not sure what corrected my situation (I have a tendency to do 2 or 3 things at a time[ Iknow, bad troubleshooting technique :)] ). But I reinstalled OS X 10.6.4 and ran myhack 1.1. My boot plist has the EFI string in it and it is working.

I can lookinto why later, but for now it is working.