How do I access files on my Hard Drive if my Acer Aspire One (with OSX) wont boot?

AAO-BOB

6 posts in this topic

How do I access files on my Hard Drive if my Acer Aspire One (with OSX) wont boot?

How do I access files on my Hard Drive if my Acer wont boot?

I have a Acer Aspire One installed with OS X (iAtkos 7) that no longer boots up but I have important files that I want to get off the hard drive

Does anyone know how I can get to those files?

Thank you

Bob

you could try booting with a Linux live installed on a pendrive, and copying files to some external storage (the same pendrive if you have enough space on it, another pen, an SD memory card, ...)

most recent Linux distros can read HFS+

you could try booting with a Linux live installed on a pendrive, and copying files to some external storage (the same pendrive if you have enough space on it, another pen, an SD memory card, ...)

most recent Linux distros can read HFS+

Hi

Thank you for your advice

Can you write me a dummies / idiots step by step guide for this please?

Thank you

Bob

or Try using a myHack USB bootloader, it'll bootin your OS, you may even beable to enable your network abilities and take files off as needed, google myhack for a detailed, how to.

Hi Frogburn

How do I bootin my OS with myHack USB bootloader like you said?

I tried searching Google but found nothing

Thank you for your help

Bob

How do I access files on my Hard Drive if my Acer wont boot?

I have a Acer Aspire One installed with OS X (iAtkos 7) that no longer boots up but I have important files that I want to get off the hard drive

Does anyone know how I can get to those files?

Thank you

Bob

Man try to boot it up with one & only windows, to get your worthy docs back...leave aside osX 86,when it comes to this sort of issues.