Overclocking Mobo for Pentium D to Core 2 Duo?

6 posts in this topic

I am looking for a board that would take a Pentium D right now but that might take a Core 2 Duo in the future and that will work with OSX. If overclocking was an option, that would be great. In the case that such a thing is not available is there a really good overclocking board for the Pentium D that is pretty compatible with OSX? Thanks.

I think the Intel D975XBX is supposed to be able to and the guys at anandtech.com overclocked their 2.4 Core 2 Duo to 4.0 but the cheapest I have seen that board is $220 and I don't need all that much.

There are a few available that can take Dual core and core 2 duo.

Asus P5WDH

Asus P5B

Abit AB9

Intel DP965LT

Intel badaxe

plus others, but they ^ are prolly best of the bunch. In terms of OSX compatability...well! ymmv !

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking for a board that would take a Pentium D right now but that might take a Core 2 Duo in the future and that will work with OSX. If overclocking was an option, that would be great. In the case that such a thing is not available is there a really good overclocking board for the Pentium D that is pretty compatible with OSX? Thanks.

Try this

Post # 525

hiya,

ive seen a few 945G chipset based motherboards that say they support core 2 procesors and pentium d's,

and come with gma950 graphics.

these 2 from asus: P5LD2-VM DH, P5LD2-VM SE

and this one from gigabyte: GA-945GM-S2

im thinking of getting the P5LD2-VM DH when i build my core 2 duo hackintosh.

people using the older asus P5LD2-VM motherboard seem to be overclocking, duno bout the P5LD2-VM DH.

does anyone know if core duo/ core 2 duos will work as dual core with 10.4.4 kernel??

cheers.

:)