Can't boot into Leopard after BIOS update

_Jay_

10 posts in this topic

Okay, up until this morning I had a working dual SL & windows 7 computer. I decided to update my bios because I read a topic here stating that updating your bios could possibly help with hardware being recognized and work in Snow leopard. I updated my motherboard(specs are in sig), and tried booting into my SL but couldn't. The boot loader tried initializing and looked fine until it got to 'done'. And then it sat there and did nothing. Tried reinstalling chameleon and did the same thing. All the boot0, boot1 files booted fine but after 'done' nothing happens. No chameleon menu or anything. My bios settings are the same as they were before

I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Leopard cause thats the only way I can get Snow leopard on my PC. Installation went fine until reboot when it sits at boot1:error. That is my problem and no matter what I try, nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated so please someone help me if possible.

Jay

Load Optimized Default in BIOS

after

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtjndzmyzwo

try with this installer chameleon

If you use the package up or do a manual installation, should have no problem. The secret is to use the fdisk command included in the binary packages Chameleon. The installer was made up by taking this precaution.

Installs only the boot volume and boot1h selected, and the MBR boot0, recording only the initial 440 bytes to avoid damaging the boot of Windows 7 and Vista. It also makes active the selected partition (for partitions and MBR hybrid MBR).

Useful for when you need to reinstall Chameleon (Windows installation in dual boot).

So my problem is being cause by windows? I'm a little confused, and not exactly computer savvy when it comes to root partitions and what not, I'm learning as I go. But from what I am ready it seems you are implying that windows is the issue...if so that's fine cause I can care less about windows right now and I don't mind getting rid of it so I can install OSX again.

First I would try this procedure

but I'm not sure if this will work

have to try some things

I update my bios with Mac OSX and Windows Installed and never had problems

I'd try some procedures

I have protools, logic, etc.

Many plug ins

it would be boring if I needed to format

Good luck

sorry for the English

No dice. But thank you. And now I just realized that I can't install the 32bit version of windows 7 or Vista. Know that error that comes up after you install 64bit onto a 32bit only setup? Well for some reason I'm getting it whenever I install 32bit version of windows 7 because I decided to just give my motherboard and cpu to my wife and she doesn't like 64bit. So WHAT THE HELL?! Can anyone give me some kind of explaination to what's going on here? I'm thinking the flashing of the bios didn't go as smooth as it was supposed to.

Update: I contacted Gigabyte and the guy told me that something went wrong with the flashing but it didn't 'post'. WTF! The motherboard works but I can only install 64bit version of windows on it.

2nd Update: I got 32bit windows 7 on it...but it's showing an unknown device in the device manager. Also I can only use the second set of Sata ports on the motherboard in 32bit and 64bit mode. The first set is now dead. So I'm guessing that the bios flash went wrong somewhere but didn't show.

Tried downgrading the bios but couldn't. I'm now getting messages of incorrect bios file even when I try to reflash with the latest bios.

Yes. Stupidity begot me because now I can see that @bios is one of the most problematic. Few minutes ago I tried reflashing with it and with QFlash but no good. Called gigabyte back but guy couldn't help me anymore because appearantly my warranty was up!!! {censored}! I ordered:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115215

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813128425

Quite nice I should say.

Should be here tomorrow! Can't wait!!!

:wacko:

Yeah man I read up about( LOL AFTER I already jacked up my board), there are a lot of problems with the way @BIOS handles the process of flashing the BIOS itself. What sucked most is my dualbios got ruined too. Don't know how seeing they are supposed to be seperate!

QFLASH is rated best.

Jay