Belkin Wireless Trouble

pik5el

5 posts in this topic

I have the Belkin F5D7000 V5000, and sadly no wireless internet. Situation report: I have indeed attempted searching for my problem and have found it to be somewhat unique. When I check out the network settings under the System Profiler it seems that there is 1. Built in Ethernet and 2. my card showing up as "PCI Firewire Slot PCI" and it is on fw1, and shows the correct MAC. Obviously, this is not a firewire device. I already attempted changing the NetworkInterfaces.plist file, without success. After a reboot, it simply shows up as fw1 again. I am running 1.4.7. with the 1.4.5 IO802211Family.kext. If anyone has any suggestions I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

I've been grappling with it a bit.. since apple now uses atheros chipset cards, it shouldn't be that hard. According to the atheros driver thread, you need the 10.4.3 IONetworkingFamily.kext and to edit the info.plist in the 10.4.5 or later IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirportAtheros5424.kext/ by adding <string>pci168c,1a</string> (at least that's what my vendor ID was for the belkin)...

I still can't locate the 10.4.3 IONetworkingFamily.kext though.. once I get that I should be good to go. If anyone has it, please email it to appleguru@appleguru.org

Finally got it working! Had to install the 10.4.3 IONetworkingFamily.kext and revert to the IO80211Family.kext from my install DVD (10.4.5 kext I believe).. and then add that line, repair permissions, clear the kextcache (kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/) and then reboot. Then it worked!