Internal Drive and Esata Hotswap

2 posts in this topic

I have a Gigabyte P55M UD2 with bios F10 and my basic goal is to have the sata drives connected to the intel 5 series chipset be seen as internal and drives connected to the Gigabyte SATA (GSATA) to be seen as external.

The initial problem is that all the internal hard drives are recognized as external after updating to 10.6.4.

I read that adding JMicron36xSATA or IOAHCIBlockStorage would solve the problem.

1)On adding only the jmicron kext all drives including the drives connected to the GSATA port are recognized as internal

2)Adding only IOAHCIBlockStorage just changes the icons(connection type is still external) and also the drives on the GSATA port are not recognized after adding this kext.

3)Without any of these the hot swap works for the drives in the GSATA ports but drives on the intel series 5 chipset are also seen as external.(want them to be internal!)

My basic question is my goal "to have the sata drives connected to the intel 5 series chipset be seen as internal and drives connected to the Gigabyte SATA (GSATA) to be seen as external."

My board does support hot swap so is it possible?

Sorry if I messed up what I wrote but please, members here are the only ones who can help me

P.S- I have searched the forum day and night.

Thankyou for your help.