Installs and then ... Nothing

Nemonyte

4 posts in this topic

2 questions

1) I install HotISO version of OSx86 and all goes smoothly. The intsall gets to the finishing stage and just works forever?? Can I just restart and move on or is there something I can do to help it along

2) Do I have to dual boot? I currently have the OS installed on an IDE drive and I run windows on a SATA drive. I don't care to share my SATA with OS X at this point. Will OSX boot on its own? Or can I dual boot to a different drive?

This is an Awesome Project keep up the good work and people keep pioneering so I can follow in the steps of those smarter than me.

Thanx guys,

~Nemonyte

2 questions

1) I install HotISO version of OSx86 and all goes smoothly. The intsall gets to the finishing stage and just works forever?? Can I just restart and move on or is there something I can do to help it along

2) Do I have to dual boot? I currently have the OS installed on an IDE drive and I run windows on a SATA drive. I don't care to share my SATA with OS X at this point. Will OSX boot on its own? Or can I dual boot to a different drive?

This is an Awesome Project keep up the good work and people keep pioneering so I can follow in the steps of those smarter than me.

Thanx guys,

~Nemonyte

OK, I think I had the same problem you did. You have to make sure that the HFS+ partition is set as the boot partition. How to do that? This is how I did it: I downloaded GParted Live CD (Google it), I booted from it, (make sure you can boot form your optical drive) you get a Linux like interface, just press enter, enter, enter as many times as need until you get the graphic interface. Once there it will show you the partitions you have. One of them should be a HFS+ (your OS X partition). Righ click on it and I think there is an option to flag it as the boot device. Do so, eject the GParted Live CD and reboot. It should boot to the OS X partition. Let me know if it works. :(

PS BTW, you don't have to dual boot. I don't.

SUCCESS With help from HoTiSO, macvidia and Forcedeth I have managed to make it work!!

System specs:

AMD Athlon X2 4200+

2GB DDR PC3200

Asus A8N5X

Western Digital 40GB PATA 7200RPM (Mac OSx86)

Seagate 300GB SATA 7200RPM (MS Windows XP Pro)

NEC DVD+-RW DL

BFG Geforce 7800GT 256MB

IDE

SATA

USB

all work without patching

Used patch for NIC, Video, AMD, SSE2(SSE3 caused Kernel Panic)