VMware server w/ SSE2

2 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I've bought myself an eyetv so I can record TV and watch it on my iphone and ipod etc. Although, as the eyetv is for mac, I need a version of mac installed on my server. My understanding is to run anything above 10.5, I'll need VT-x, which my server doesnt have. (It's a pent 4 2.3gb HT).

I need 10.4.11 min for the eyetv app to work. Is it possible to do this? I don't wanna download anything too much to find out it doesn't work.

Thanks!

Stewart

Hi Guys,

I've bought myself an eyetv so I can record TV and watch it on my iphone and ipod etc. Although, as the eyetv is for mac, I need a version of mac installed on my server. My understanding is to run anything above 10.5, I'll need VT-x, which my server doesnt have. (It's a pent 4 2.3gb HT).

I need 10.4.11 min for the eyetv app to work. Is it possible to do this? I don't wanna download anything too much to find out it doesn't work.

Thanks!

Stewart

You are going to have your work cut out to make this all work. Server is about to be phased out (well in a year or so), and has quite limited options for Mac OS X. Most importantly does the EyeTV software require Mac OS X Core Image and/or Quartz Extreme support? If it does you are out of luck as there is no support in VMware for those technologies. Also experience has shown that audio and video work is really not suited to Mac OS X running in a VM.

UPDATE: Checked and it appears the software does require QE/CI.