Few questions

1 post in this topic

Hello,

After several hours, I just install my first hackintosh on a Asus 1201n (dual boot with Win7 on a MBR disk).

Chamelon is really cool.

I installed it on MBR because I didn't want to clear the disk....and for the challenge :(

Now the questions :

1- Right now I have 4 primary partitions (win7, data, restore and mac). I want a triple boot with Linux....so I need another partition (that means remove one of the primary and create a extended/logical partition). Do you know if Mac OS can boots from a logicial partition ?

2- I know that wireless card from 1201n is not supported at the moment. Is there chance it will work in a near future (like the onbard NIC) or there is no hope ? (I know I can change it for a Dell or use a usb nic)

3- Updating Mac Os....can I use the update manager from the OS ? I suppose all applications updates can be made without problem ? What about OS updates ? If 10.6.5 is released, what is the best way to update it ?

edit :

4 - I have another desktop pc with an Asus P5Q-E. But the cpu and ram are overclocked. Can that be a problem if I try it ?

Thanks !