Diablo2 install

explorizer

5 posts in this topic

Hello Community!

I have an OSX86 10.4.5 working on my P4 3GHz 1GB RAM ATI9800Pro

The Callisto Driver is installed and the System works very fine.

Now I read it is possible to install Diablo2 on MacOSX.

Do I have to own a macOS Release or is it possible to use the windows release CDs?

Is it like UT? This was possible to install on Linux.

And another thing. My Diablo2 Installer dmg from blizzards website does not work

It says: File failed to mount Disk is not recognized.

What can I do?

Greets

Marco

Well, there are two issues.

#1. Diablo 2has a Mac installer on it. I dont know if that mac installer will work in OS X. You may need an update.

#2. I dont think Diablo 2 works on Intel Macs at all. I'm not 100% sure of that, but that's what I've heard.

Mhhh ... I looked after different versions from Diablo2. I found a new release included PC/MAC.

It is the Gold version. Does anyone have this release? Could you proof the content on the CDs?

Thanks and Greet

Marco

I have the diablo 2 pack with LOD. I tried installing it on my black macbook but the LOD installer had errors saying I didnt insert the correct disc. I think it has problems with their copy protection scheme and the new macbook's dvd drive. I emailed blizzard about it...they didnt really say anything back.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the diablo 2 pack with LOD. I tried installing it on my black macbook but the LOD installer had errors saying I didnt insert the correct disc. I think it has problems with their copy protection scheme and the new macbook's dvd drive. I emailed blizzard about it...they didnt really say anything back.

I have successfully installed Diablo 2 + LOD on my White Macbook 2.0ghz. Only I had some iso files on my pc that I mounted through os x and then ran the OS X installer.