waiting for root device on asus m3a78-em motherboard

jmussel

4 posts in this topic

I have tried to install ideneb v 1.4 and ipc to my pc.

Hardware:

Asus m3a78-em motherboard

Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4800+ 2.50ghz

8gb ram

Currently i am running windows 7 and have partitioned off a section for the mac os. Upon trying to install i am running into the following issue.

when running in verbose mode it tells me waiting for root device after it has gotten past the usb section. and when running in normal mode i get the the apple logo with a cancel sign on it and the spinning loop.

What do i do to fix this? Thanks for the help

I have tried to install ideneb v 1.4 and ipc to my pc.

Hardware:

Asus m3a78-em motherboard

Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4800+ 2.50ghz

8gb ram

Currently i am running windows 7 and have partitioned off a section for the mac os. Upon trying to install i am running into the following issue.

when running in verbose mode it tells me waiting for root device after it has gotten past the usb section. and when running in normal mode i get the the apple logo with a cancel sign on it and the spinning loop.

What do i do to fix this? Thanks for the help

I had the same issue but on different mobo, are you using an IDE/PATA DVD rom? if you aren't then I suggest you do so. Also importantly you will need to set the DVD rom to master via the jumper at the back of the DVD rom.

Hope that make sense to you.

You'll see "Still waiting for root device" when OS X can't talk to your drive controller, either because you haven't installed the right driver for it, because your PATA drives are jumpered/cabled wrong, your drives are attached to an unsupported controller (then you're out of luck), or SATA is not set to AHCI mode in the BIOS.

gringo

You'll see "Still waiting for root device" when OS X can't talk to your drive controller, either because you haven't installed the right driver for it, because your PATA drives are jumpered/cabled wrong, your drives are attached to an unsupported controller (then you're out of luck), or SATA is not set to AHCI mode in the BIOS.

gringo

i have the same root device issue. just curious. ideneb 1.51 10.5.7 ist working nearly flawlessly.

when i update to 5.8 though i get the issue my other installation stays intouched and still works fine. what do i not get?  :)