MACBOOK BLANK SCREEN

3 posts in this topic

Hello. My 13.3" white macbook had a broken backlight so i replaced the screen and now i have a blank white screen. it boots up with the "buuuhhh" and then with an external monitor hooked i can see everything but the actually macbook screen is blank white. i did the PRAM clearing and SMC thing they standardly tell you to do but no help. Any ideas?

You said you replaced the screen but what about the inverter I've had one go bad before,just a thought

edit:never mind i thought about it and if it was the inverter you would probably just have a black screen

thansk for replying and yea i also replaced the inverter. Basically the screen when dim but under good light i could see image so automatically i thought inverter. replaced it but no avail. turns out the old screen had a busted backlight bulb so now ive got the new screen in and its lighting up everythings working except...no picture :@

I mean its the LVDS cable that supplies the data to the screen. I was thinking maybe its not compatible with the new screen? does anyone know if the 13.3" macbook screens would have those kinds of specifics? I don't like when computers get the better of me... :)