Can I install Mac OS X on my PC? Please check this..

8 posts in this topic

Hi.. I have burned an ISO of iPC 10.5.6 and dont know what are the steps in installing a mac..on a pc.. at first i have tried to install it but i get stuck quickly in verbose mode saying

"Still waiting for root device" What should i do? is 10.5.6 not compatible? Can you recommend a solution? Here are my specs:

Asus P5N73-AM - mobo

GeForce 7050 - chipset

nForce 610i - southbridge

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66Ghz - processor

2 GB DDR2 - Memory

GeForce 9500 GT (1024mb) - Graphics

THANKS!

Hi.. I have burned an ISO of iPC 10.5.6 and dont know what are the steps in installing a mac..on a pc.. at first i have tried to install it but i get stuck quickly in verbose mode saying

"Still waiting for root device" What should i do? is 10.5.6 not compatible? Can you recommend a solution? Here are my specs:

Asus P5N73-AM - mobo

GeForce 7050 - chipset

2 GB DDR2 - Memory

THANKS!

Your 610i chipset is AHCI-compliant, so suggest you see if Krishna21's guide works for you.......he may also be able to help you install Leopard if you wish......... :unsure:

You need to make it Fat32, Primary, and active. Then when you boot into the mac installation CD you go to Disk Utilities and change it to.. I think its either MacOS (Journaled) or HFS+ (Journaled). It's been a while since I've been to the installation.. but after that, it'll work.

you cant see the hard drive to choose to install to, UNTIL you go to DISK UTILITIES in the top menu of the installer, once in DISK UTILITY, you have to reformat that drive, FROM fat32, to HFS+ journaled

you will never see a hard drive that is fat32, as selectable in the installer, to choose to install to. formatting to fat32 just helps disk utility see the drive easier, so it can then be formated to HFS+ journaled

EDIT: i have successfully installed on ASUS board with GeForce 7050 - chipset and nForce 610i - southbridge using iPC 10.5.6 and choosing nforce in chipset driver selection and Voodoo kernel

Asus P5N73-AM - mobo

GeForce 7050 - chipset

2 GB DDR2 - Memory

Hi.. I tried to use Kalyway 5.10.2 for Intel/AMD. It did see my HDD for destination on where to install, i selected my 15GB Fat 32 Partition. And clicked customize and chose the drivers. But at the installation, it quickly gives me an error. Says it cannot be installed on volumes/local disk something like that.. Please help. Can you recommend the drivers i must install.