DWA-552 AR922x with 10.6.3. dev id 168c,0029

pane2k

2 posts in this topic

I just got a DWA-552 because it was documented that it worked OOB, but apparently they've changed the chipset used. I'm pretty sure it used to be a AR5008, now it's AR922x.

Anyways, i've tried everything to get it to work. I've tried netkas' AtheroxFix.kext, I've tried editing my IO80211 kext. My device ID is 168c:0029, so i'm putting that in the kext files as 168c,29. I've tried a few different kexts i've found online that people claim to work, but I haven't had any success.

My os is updated to 10.6.3 and I installed using a retail disc install method if that matters.

The furthest i've gotten was getting the system to boot with the little antenna outlines on the airport icon instead of being completely empty, but when I get the system to boot like that, I can't click it, if i roll my mouse over it i just get the little loading wheel, and it screws the whole system up, I can't access terminal or anything, it just freezes.

Even when this happens, it doesn't show up in system profiler or in the network prefs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm starting to think the AR922x is useless on a hackintosh and am considering returning it and going for an alternate method.

Thanks

I can't believe it. I've been messing with this for two days and I couldn't get it to work. I read some where that someone had success switching pci slots. I did that, and everything started working. I can't believe it.