ideneb v1.4 hpdv6929wm - almost there

karimruan

2 posts in this topic

First off, I would never have gotten as far as I did if I hadn't read these forums. Much kudos for all of you! Okay, now on to the really fun stuff. I have an HP dv6929wm (AMD Turion (64bit) mobile) laptop. The HD is 250gb and the only installed OS is ubuntu. Wait, and freedos.

I tried kalyway (got to boot to installation but no HD detected, installed on my 16gb sandisk cruzer flash drive) but way to many errors and hangs. Tried ipc final with ppf5 as well, would not even boot dvd. So went to ideneb v1.4. Installs in less than an hour, unlike kalyway, that took around 3-4 hours. Here are the results of 'lspci' in ubuntu...

mat@mat-laptop:~$ lspci
00:00.0 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Memory Controller (rev a2)
00:01.0 ISA bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 ISA Bridge (rev a2)
00:01.1 SMBus: nVidia Corporation MCP67 SMBus (rev a2)
00:01.2 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Memory Controller (rev a2)
00:01.3 Co-processor: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Co-processor (rev a2)
00:02.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 OHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev a2)
00:02.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 EHCI USB 2.0 Controller (rev a2)
00:04.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 OHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev a2)
00:04.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 EHCI USB 2.0 Controller (rev a2)
00:06.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP67 IDE Controller (rev a1)
00:07.0 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP67 High Definition Audio (rev a1)
00:08.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 PCI Bridge (rev a2)
00:09.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP67 AHCI Controller (rev a2)
00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Ethernet (rev a2)
00:0c.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 PCI Express Bridge (rev a2)
00:0d.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 PCI Express Bridge (rev a2)
00:12.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 7150M (rev a2)
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control
02:05.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller (rev 05)
02:05.1 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 22)
02:05.2 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller (rev 12)
02:05.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter (rev 12)
02:05.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev ff)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)
mat@mat-laptop:~$

So, my most common errors are:

(after install)

1.dump panic[28] - error getting reference to iodevicetree:/options

2. uvga: family specific matching fails

3. configd[32] interfacenamer: timed out waiting for iokit to quiesce

My last install i chose the following options;

voodoo kernel/seatbelt fix/ smbios old (not netkas) (can't remember my chosen chipset, it was not the mcp67 one i know that

i have no way of photographing the boot in verbose mode, is there a way to find logs regarding boot errors on my drive? I think i should be able to mount it in linux, navigate to whereever the boot logs may be located, and post them here.

Also, based on the information given by lspci, can anyone suggest which kexts/patches to choose during install? i am not worried about wifi or anything, I just really want to FEEL what os x is like... in the worst way.

Anyway, if you need any more information, let me know, and I will provide it.

One more thing, I sometimes get some error, along these lines;

sandbox init error cannot apply profile (version 1)\n\n; warning: the sandbox rule.

any ideas on what that is about?

Thank you all for you priceless time and effort contributing to osx86, this is a great project!

Okay, a few views, no replies... i listed my hardware above, will summarize with the new info i have found...

hp dv6929wm (dv6700 series, listed as working with ideneb 1.4, slightly different hardware)

chipset = mcp67

processor = amd turion 64 x2 mobile

graphics = nvidia go 7 series

wifi = atheros ar5007

my drive specs i am alittle confused about...

I know my hd is 250gb, i am not sure about the master/slave settings. I opened my laptop up, found no jumpers on the hd, but found two cables (black and grey) originally the black cable attached to the number 1, the grey to number 2. The number 2 had an arrow pointing to my hd, so i took a gamble and switched them, hoping this was some sort of cable select. kalyway and ideneb both failed to detect my hd with either setting.

windows vista would not install when i reversed the orignally order of the cables. I chose to install ideneb on a 16gb flash drive. install succeeded. i think i have a sata hd, not sure and i am terrified to open my lappy up as it is my only machine. can't find fully detailed specs anywhere for my dv6929wm.

Boot off of the flash drive lately gives me SAM errors and hangs.

my install options are as follows:

voodoo kernel

seatbelt fix

mcp67 chipset

i know i may not be providing a lot of info,but if asked for specifics i can find them. just need some direction.

came to the conclusion that i need to add my device id's to some kexts, but unfortunately can'tfind system/library/extensions on my install iso. it has taken me months to get this far, and i have not done much posting. for now,it seems, i may need a little direction.

not looking to be spoon fed or get a how to for my specific model, just looking for someone to point me in the right direction i guess.

if i have not provided enough info, kindly tell me what i need to provide, and i will.seems more effective than just passing this thread up. my goal is to get osx installed on my system, write a nice, fully detailed howto, and help others once i have learned enough.