A couple of issues

Alec Peters

6 posts in this topic

I have a couple of things with my recent installation of the 10.4.6 HotISO on an ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2, AMD 64 3200+, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600. Firstly, I can't open the network system preference or system preferences crashes. In an attempt to fix this, I followed a tutorial elsewhere on these forums using the method with Pacifist and that did not fix my problem, and in addition, now Keyboard & Mouse, Sound, and Security display an error message when I click on them, so they don't work now either. I have also found no drivers that work with the Radeon 9600 to allow higher resolutions and CI/QE, so if anybody knows of one, please direct me to it. Lastly, Spotlight never indexed and it doesn't work. When I search it shows the spinning circle thing to indicate activity, but nothing ever shows up. If anybody has anything on any of these problems, I would appreciate the help greatly.

Okay, I got the graphics working with QE/CI and 1280x1024x32. However the finder doesn't seem to be working correctly either. Whenever I open a Get Info menu or an open menu or a save menu, it hangs for a couple of minutes. Anybody know about this?

Now I fixed System Preferences by reinstalling the HotISO. I still havn't got Spotlight to work though and that is a pretty big part of the OS so if anybody has any suggestions, please speak up. And the Finder is still hanging on any info window or open/save menu.

Okay, I got the graphics working with QE/CI and 1280x1024x32. However the finder doesn't seem to be working correctly either. Whenever I open a Get Info menu or an open menu or a save menu, it hangs for a couple of minutes. Anybody know about this?

How'd you get the graphics working?