Wireless PCMCIA working on Vaio V505

jaexprojectxd

7 posts in this topic

Breaking news for those with Sony Vaio V505 series. I have got PCMCIA wireless networking. I've been stuck coding and patching the airport2 kext files forever now since I've been getting a lot of errors. I don't know how Cyrana and Langat got theres to work but on my vaio in the command line I had to insert a " / " before going into the system directory. Now the kext loads fine. Internet speed is WAY faster than the USB way. Thanks Cyrana! The cards I confirmed that are working are 1) The Belkin 54g 2) Linksys WPC54G w/ speedbooster v 1.1 3) Microsoft MN-720

*note*

i just figured out that when i boot in acpi mode, the card and airport hangs my system. everything works in x86pc mode though =)

so you did the cyrana airport2 thing? what airport2 file did you use? The one linked in this thread -

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=1263

I did the same (I think I already said) but none of the pcmcia wireless cards I own have the broadcom chipset <_<

kext loads fine though, so at some point I'll get one of the cards you list above and give it a whirl!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...