Nvidia GeForce 210

amilmac

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have installed sucessfully the Snow Leopard Hazard 10.6.2.

Here, part of my hardware and snow specs:

ProductName: Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.6 BuildVersion: 10A432

Kernel: Darwin Kernel Version 10.2.0: Tue Nov 17 01:24:40 EST 2009

CPU TYPE: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+

Motherboard Gigabyte K8n-Pro-SLI

My graphics card is a NVidia Geforce 210, and i am unable to work and change resolution. A black line on the right of screen appears.

I try to install all kind of inyectors (Nanit, NVinject, the netkas injector...multiple kexts and bad result) -or the same or black screen-.

I have reading also modify with osx86tools or efi editor to set the card, but i am unable and a little lost.

Please, anybody can help me to make working this card? And get a real resolution without black parts.

Thanks in advance to all!

Greets!

you can try to down load driver for this card from Ndivia and test it out

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us I come across this one this morning.

hope this help

Really interesting! Thank you. But i see that for this card Ge Force 210 no drivers appears under Mac OS X :-(.

Maybe i can install another to work?

Thank you!!

I have a GT 220 and actually tested the GT 210 on the same machine and same configuration, and it behaves exactly as the GT 220.

I used EFI injector (EFIStudio download it google) with a GTX 9500/512MB as the basic setup. I added my NVCAP to it and saved it on the com.apple.boot.plist. I have 2 screens (vga) which worked, changed resolutions, etc.

So, my recommendation, google for GT 210 NVCAP or use my GT220 NVCAP (it worked when I changed cards) and create an EFI string for your com.apple.boot..plist.

NVCAP for gt220 BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

How to use this: 1) start EFIstudio, select DSIPLAY and choose nvidia gtx 9500 /512 ram. ADD DEVICE. A screen with a lot of info shows up. Look for NVCAP and replace that value with the one I gave you. Choose "write to com.apple.boot-.plist".

Reboot.

Good luck.

Hablo español si te interesa.

Saludos.

Too get all the correct context.

NDVAResman. NO GreaphicEnable flag required. NO NATIT or anyother enabler.

I have a GT 220 and actually tested the GT 210 on the same machine and same configuration, and it behaves exactly as the GT 220.

I used EFI injector (EFIStudio download it google) with a GTX 9500/512MB as the basic setup. I added my NVCAP to it and saved it on the com.apple.boot.plist. I have 2 screens (vga) which worked, changed resolutions, etc.

So, my recommendation, google for GT 210 NVCAP or use my GT220 NVCAP (it worked when I changed cards) and create an EFI string for your com.apple.boot..plist.

NVCAP for gt220 BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

How to use this: 1) start EFIstudio, select DSIPLAY and choose nvidia gtx 9500 /512 ram. ADD DEVICE. A screen with a lot of info shows up. Look for NVCAP and replace that value with the one I gave you. Choose "write to com.apple.boot-.plist".

Reboot.

Good luck.

Hablo español si te interesa.

Saludos.

Too get all the correct context.

NDVAResman. NO GreaphicEnable flag required. NO NATIT or anyother enabler.

Thank you RSN for your response.

I can´t see in EFI Studio the card you comment: nvidia gtx 9500 /512 ram. By the way i select another similar and screen like out of resolution (i try also changing the NVCAP.

Please RSN can you send me the plist file to the 9500 card to load with EFI Studio?

Thanks in advance ;)

Thank you RSN for your response.

I can´t see in EFI Studio the card you comment: nvidia gtx 9500 /512 ram. By the way i select another similar and screen like out of resolution (i try also changing the NVCAP.

Please RSN can you send me the plist file to the 9500 card to load with EFI Studio?

Thanks in advance :mellow:

I include the com.apple.boot.plist that you can use instead of your own. Its a GT 220 efi string with standard other stuff. Save your com.apple.boot.plist and copy this one to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.

If it doesnt work, change back to your original com.apple.boot.plist (boot into single user mode).

I tried this com.apple.boot.plist with a GT 210 card and it worked.

And sorry its a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX [G92] - 512 MB selection. Actually any Newer Geforce card works as long as you change the NVCAP.

Good luck.

I couldnt include the com.apple.boot.plist with such name so i renamed it micomapplebootplist.txt. Rename it com.apple.boot.plist with plist extension and do as said above.

micomapplebootplist.txt

I include the com.apple.boot.plist that you can use instead of your own. Its a GT 220 efi string with standard other stuff. Save your com.apple.boot.plist and copy this one to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.

If it doesnt work, change back to your original com.apple.boot.plist (boot into single user mode).

And sorry its a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX [G92] - 512 MB selection. Actually any Newer Geforce card works as long as you change the NVCAP.

Good luck.

I couldnt include the com.apple.boot.plist with such name so i renamed it micomapplebootplist.txt. Rename it com.apple.boot.plist with plist extension and do as said above.

Hello,

I try your com.apple.Boot.plist but unfortunately it seems not working. The result appears the same. In system profiler only appears the default graphics and the same resolution without changes.

I mean that i don´t need any injector or something.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Review the following:

In /system/library/extensions you have NVDAResman.kext. Right click for Show Packages Contents and open Contents-info.plist (with editor or xcode). Check that IOKitPersonalities-IOPCIPrimaryMatch has your vendor-device Id (0x0XXX01de&0xFFF8FFF where first XXX is your card id (0a20 for gt220. GT 210 could be 0a65)). You must be able to add this if not present. If you dont know how, copy the info.plist to the desktop, do the change and then move it again to the contents folder.

Reboot and hopefully it works.

You should have no Natit or any other enabler with this solution. If doesnt work I can only consider the motherboard having some issue int he BIOS.

Good luck.

Review the following:

In /system/library/extensions you have NVDAResman.kext. Right click for Show Packages Contents and open Contents-info.plist (with editor or xcode). Check that IOKitPersonalities-IOPCIPrimaryMatch has your vendor-device Id (0x0XXX01de&0xFFF8FFF where first XXX is your card id (0a20 for gt220. GT 210 could be 0a65)). You must be able to add this if not present. If you dont know how, copy the info.plist to the desktop, do the change and then move it again to the contents folder.

You should have no Natit or any other enabler with this solution. If doesnt work I can only consider the motherboard having some issue int he BIOS.

Good luck.

Hello!

I done the modifications to NVDAResman.kext according the instructions but unsuccessful ^_^

I have read about Chamaleon RC5 bootloader have support for this card, but i install iti and it seems nothing relevant, the card is with the default driver :angel:

The Bios is updated with the latest driver from gigabyte homepage. I am going to continue working, please give me more ideas :)

Thanks in advance for help and efforts!

For this card the HCL 10.6.2 shows GeForce 210 running:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.2

""

For 32 bit, you can use ATY_init, but the NVCAP may be wrong. I used this [44] custom EFI string with a corrected NVCAP, and added the extra keys from ATY_init's info.plist, and that lets me run in 64 bit"" (working with efi string)

In my case my graphics vendor is Gigabyte, but is the "a65" one. The chamaleon or any other kind of inyectors it seems unsucessful at this time :mellow:

At first time, i am using AMD processor and i think that this "may" not be the root cause of the graphics board issues.

I try different chamaleon bootloaders including rc5 but not sucess.

I have read also in any place (i don´t remember) that 10.6.3 OSX upgrade will give a 210 better support, but at least in my case (AMD) i can´t install combo 10.6.3 update without patchs, and i don´t think if at the moment there are a stable combo update for amd.

I have to try all solutions possible, and of course i know and i am happy you have the same kind of graphics card running.

I keep investigating and reading ;) Thanks!!

Reading some post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=#entry1458474

""with the sojugarden myHack package and 10.6.3, the 210 just worked. myHack uses a patched version of chameleon which seems to enable more video cards when GraphicsEnabler=yes.""

The case now is search this package and upgrades and atempt in my AMD

Some progression.

I download and install the Myhack installer from:

http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2010/04/myhack...1-0-1-released/

Now, it seems this package install a chameleon with this GForce 210 drivers integrated, when boot, in System Profiler:

"""

GeForce 210:

Chipset Model: GeForce 210

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0a65

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

"""

Now, ONLY show the 1024x768 screen resolution. I can´t change it.

By the way, i download and decompress with Pacifist the 10.6.3 combo update and replace the: NVDANV40Hal.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext, but with no results.

I try also adding some options to my com.apple.Boot.plist to force screen resolution but no result ;)

Here (part)of my Boot.plist options:

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1366x768x32</string>

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>b1030000010000000100 ............

So, what are the next steps to get fully resolution (and fully nvidia support) to get definetively more than 1024x768.

Thanks!!

Still no working :)

At this time i only work with the VGA out (my monitor only supports vga) but i am going to buy a dvi-vga adapter to continue investigating.

When i reboot with the supposed valid drivers and GraphicsEnabler black screen. Maybe the dvi is working -and only vga- fails? Sure i´ll try it, really i only need anything more than 1024x768! :P

Greets!

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck.

Hola Senor, could you please help me?

I have a GT 220 and it runs fine - except when I connect my second monitor, because after a while -sometimes in a matter of minutes - my system freezes up and the monitors lose their signal. I'm using Snow Leopard (10.6.4) and this is the info I have in my system profiler. Any help is truly appreciated. If you need any other info please let me know.

Look forward to your message.

Unknown nVidia card:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia card

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0a20

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal

Displays:

DELL E248WFP:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

• 4 weeks later...
Still no working :unsure:

At this time i only work with the VGA out (my monitor only supports vga) but i am going to buy a dvi-vga adapter to continue investigating.

When i reboot with the supposed valid drivers and GraphicsEnabler black screen. Maybe the dvi is working -and only vga- fails? Sure i´ll try it, really i only need anything more than 1024x768! :(

Greets!

Any luck with this yet

• 3 weeks later...
Review the following:

Good luck.

This worked for me on a Vaio VPCCW17 with a 210M (0a75). I was scratching my head, forgetting about this technique. Thank you very much!

• 10 months later...