iAtkos V7 AMD 9800GTX+ Help :(

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone thanks for taking time to read my post :D

After 3 months of trying to get OSX on my PC i was so close to giving up, I tried many Distros. With iPC i got the "Still waiting for root device" error on disk boot. iDeneb v1.3 nForce patch i got "Still waiting for root device" after install booting into mac. Now i have iAtkos V7. Everything seemed to go fine through the install. On booting i got the IGPU: Specific family matching fails (something like that) and the same with Display: Specific family matching fails. Even with these errors i still managed to boot into OSX :D . I went through the user setup, and finally was running OSX. After many re-installs of the GPU drivers i am still stuck with the same resolution ;):) and if i move a window around it becomes transparent.

My specs are:

GPU: XFX 9800GTX+

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0Ghz

MoBo: Asus M3N-HT DELUXE

RAM: 3GB DDR2 667

HDD: 40GB IDE (mac osx) 500GB WD SATA (Win 7)

Sound: "yet to be updated"

I will post some Screen Shots soon.

Thanks for taking time to help :D

I think that the solution for your problem is in this post

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...t98666-400.html

The errors you getting are related to the GC, osx loads with basic video support but reason you stuck with the same resolution and if you move a window around it becomes transparent is that you have no hardware acelleration or w/e support to make the GC work.

I think you can also change the .plist to add higer resolutions but if no support from kext it might result into a kernel panic.

hope it helps