Dual and Triple Boot from 1 HDD? (SNOW Leopard)

3 posts in this topic

After I got my system working I am looking into getting Windows 7 on but on the Installer I am unsure what to do. I Partitioned My Entire Drive for SL

I searched this topic, 80% of my results involve 10.5.7 and the rest are for Multiple Drives or Requires a Pre-Existing Leopard Install

If anybody can explain what I need to do with 1 HDD to Dual or Triple Boot Snow Leopard, Win7, and Linux. Please help. I would prefer my Chameleon bootloader to launch windows. mine is running off [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] w/ [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

If these Leopard guides work for Snow than let me know. right now I think I need to Wipe the Drive and Re-Install Snow with a 15GB Partition so there is space for others

I have a poor understand of Partitioning.

I have 10.6.3 Running right now, If I need to Re-Install I have the 10.6.0 Disc. but it's 10.6.3 where my hackintosh is fully functional. GA-X58A-UD3R

Try this guide. Since you want chameleon as your main loader and you are using a distro with GRUB Legacy, I'd install OSX last and install chameleon from there. If you want to use a distro with GRUB2 as its bootloader, install grub to /dev/sd<letter of hard drive where distro is installed><partition number where distro is installed> and then install OSX and then Chameleon.

Try this guide. Since you want chameleon as your main loader and you are using a distro with GRUB Legacy, I'd install OSX last and install chameleon from there. If you want to use a distro with GRUB2 as its bootloader, install grub to /dev/sd<letter of hard drive where distro is installed><partition number where distro is installed> and then install OSX and then Chameleon.

Your guide has full caps text saying This Does Not Work On Snow Leopard. I need something for Snow Leopard

EDIT: I would prefer the Chameleon screen but if I have no choice than I wil use whatever gets OSx Snow and Windows to Dual Boot from 1 HDD, And Linux also If I can