IDENEB 10.5.8 post install glitch

sirbow2

29 posts in this topic

audio on my alc889a only works when i constantly move the mouse.Literally. if i stop moving the mouse the audio gets all messed up and glitchy. the same for video, move the mouse, video works fine. i have tried numerous "fixes" but non of them work. only thing that i haven't tried are EFI strings in the com.apple.boot.plist and modding my DSDT which is a little to advance for me. i have a gigabyte ma785gm-us2h. could this be caused by the video card not having drivers and there are none available that work for me. it is a integrated Radeon HD 4200.

the guide is here: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,104.0.html

the link above shows how to use efi strings to fix gfx and ausio issues.

the only part i dont get is how i get and make the hex of the efi string for my video card. is there a automated program to get it from ioreg?

Fix HPET and remove IRQs from TIMR and IPIC devices in your DSDT.

Use DSDTSE (google it) to extract, decompile, edit and compile your DSDT. It's not difficult, just be careful and pay attention to what you're doing.

Follow the instructions given here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=564

About the video card, look here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1483050

after doing all the patching i get this error

/Users/Jordan/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 8385: }

}

Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected $end ^

i had some other syntax errors but i fixed them but i cant figure this one out. :( i know it has to do with the } and ) things at the very end i think. this is my last error. ;) if anyone knows how to fix it please do and write in the reply what you did to fix so i can fix it my self next time along with the fixed dsdt in dsl format :)

also after/if i get this dsdt working with the HPET, IRQs, TIMR, and IPIC mods you recommended what kexts do i need to have in /E/E or /S/L/E to make the audio work? i have a retail install so /E/E would be preferred.

I attached my DSDT.dsl

dsdt.zip

You forgot the closing bracket on the HPET device, DTGP method is not needed (you have no modifications that use it) and has some garbage code at the end, and the _WAK fix is in the wrong place. But there's more.

I can probably fix it but I need to see an unmodified DSDT dump so I can compare.

You can use Lavalys Everest on Windows. If you don't know how, check the screenshots here and follow the instructions:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1468558

You shouldn't need to do anything else than this to get sound working normally. Unless the IRQs weren't the problem to begin with! But let's see.

I think I found and fixed your bad edits! Try it out and let me know if it helps.

sirbow2_dsdt.aml.zip

It still generates the same compiler "warnings" as your unmodified DSDT does - except the _WAK method, which I fixed (for real this time).

Somebody who has more experience with DSDT editing could probably easily fix the remaining warnings, but it's not really important. From what I can tell, they are all part of Windows specific code that OS X doesn't use anyway, besides they are 'warnings', not 'errors'.

And forget about the EFI string, it will not work, read this (and follow the link I posted there):

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=220296

Are you using a PS2 or USB mouse?

Nope, it's all there. It's based on the DSDT you attached to post #3.

I removed your DTGP method for the reasons stated above, but that's all.

How do i make chameleon load the modded dsdt. on one of my hackintoshes is says if a DSDT is being used other than the one in the bios but this hackintosh doesnt. both the same chameleon version. it's called the Wait=Y command in chameleon boot loader.

The DTGP method doesn't do anything if you don't use the DTGP caller code anywhere in your DSDT.

I found no audio or video patches in your DSDT and there was no other code that calls the DTGP method.

Place DSDT.aml in /Extra.

It's not a good idea to mix PS2 and USB input devices, and that may well be the source of your stuttering problem.

You're not patching the audio, you're patching the HPET, TIMR and IPIC devices.

By the way, are you having a bad day or are you always this ungrateful? A simple 'thank you' would be appropriate at this point.

(though hard currency will do as well)

My little world

-watching episode of star trek voyager season 4 episode 10 - Random Thought

- using both usb mouse and keyboard doesnt fix the issue

- using the "Wait=Y -v" command in chameleon say the DSDT is not being loaded from the OSX partition. i put the dsdt in both / and /extra

- using the DSDT=where/dsdt/is

- haven't done any video fixes yet working on audio

- in DSDTse there is a "ati graphics monot something something" fix would this help me? i believe it is DSDT hack number 13.\

Thanks again

(note the "thanks again" part)

Give up on the Radeon 4200, there is no way to get hardware accelerated graphics working. MotMot is the framebuffer driver for the RV770 chip, your Radeon 4200 has the RV620 chip and there's no framebuffer driver for that family of cards on OS X. It will never work.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9

- using the "Wait=Y -v" command in chameleon say the DSDT is not being loaded from the OSX partition. i put the dsdt in both / and /extra

- using the DSDT=where/dsdt/is

If the DSDT is named DSDT.aml and is located in /Extra - iow, the same place where Chameleon looks for other files such as smbios.plist and com.apple.Boot.plist - you don't need to set DSDT=where/dsdt/is, so try deleting that from your com.apple.Boot.plist and then see if it loads the patched DSDT.

That is true also for the AsereBLN 1.1.9 Chameleon variant, the release notes are a bit confusing on this. But take my word for it because it works here and I didn't specify any DSDT= anywhere.

The easiest way to check if your DSDT gets loaded is to just extract your DSDT with DSDTSE on your Hackintosh.

If the extracted DSDT has the patches in it, then the patched DSDT is loaded.

iv'e tried it without DSDT= too. and i used the latest build of chameleon form the official website.

If the DSDT is named DSDT.aml and is located in /Extra - iow

what did you mean by "- iow" and does it make a differene if it is DSDT or dsdt (the caps)

iow = In Other Words

It's DSDT.aml

If Chameleon is not loading DSDT.aml then your DSDT.aml is in the wrong place, or you have set the wrong path in com.apple.Boot.plist

btw here's some info about your audio, you will need this when patching HDEF in DSDT. If it's possible at all with HDA on ATI chipsets.

00:14.2 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) [1002:4383]
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Device [1458:a002]

00:14:2 is the base address, you can use this to find the device in your DSDT so that you can insert the HDEF code in the right place.

1002:4382/1458:a002 are device and vendor IDs, you'll need those as well for patching AppleHDA, if at all possible. ATI chipsets are not well supported, Apple never used them.

ohhhh... so i thought HDEF was something already in the DSDT. if i understand you right you add the HDEF code to the DSDT under the already present audio stuff for a PC.

edit\ i tried finding all those numbers separately and i cant find any of them

I didn't look for the audio in your DSDT when I editied it earlier because I didn't have this info (it's from a Linux bug report that I found here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/f...ler/+bug/569301 ). But if the HD audio has specific code for it in the DSDT at all it will be under Device (AZAL), not HDEF.

You can confirm the device IDs and addresses with a command line app called LSPCI:

http://www.x86dev.org/forum/index.php?topic=307.0

i can't find any AZAL devices in my DSDT some people say to just create a HDEF Device in the DSDT. is it possible that i dont have any audio stuff in my DSDT?

Edit/ I have found som info about the alc889a for a motherboard similar to mine. Looking at a modded alc889a from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185358

I think I have seen some very similar code in my dsdt so I'll look at it In the morning (it's 11pm here) and see if I can get my dsdt to work and I'll tell you if I got any success.

You have greatly improved my understanding of the DSDT, I hope all of our hard work pays off(lol), thanks

The guide you found is useful for inspiration but don't follow it blindly, there is no reason to do all the steps listed and most of it is specific for the motherboard that the guide is about, not yours. Plus you're not running Snow Leopard. So be careful, you could end up in a very messy situation.

00:14:2 is the base address, you can use this to find the device in your DSDT so that you can insert the HDEF code in the right place.

This is the code for the on-board audio from your DSDT - look at the (_ADR, 0x00140002) - it matches the information I found.

Also the device name is a dead giveaway - your motherboard chipset is ATI SB700/800 and the device is AZalia.

Device (SBAZ)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x00140002)
			OperationRegion (PCI, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x0100)
			Field (PCI, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
						Offset (0x42), 
				DNSP,   1, 
				DNSO,   1, 
				ENSR,   1
			}

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x1B, 
				0x04
			})
		}

...or you could just forget it and use VoodooHDA. Remember your audio device/vendor IDs are 1002:4383 - then check this topic:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=206249

that is exactly what is was looking at, i was thinking the same thing SB and AZ for azalia.

if i decide to try voodoohda:

just to make sure im doing it right do i need any other kexts besides voodoohda for it to work? like a modded AppleHDA?

if i use the DSDT HDEF:

how do i find the pin configs this is what someone posted: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185358

codec-id is for ALC889a (ALC885)
0x85, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10 (DSDT) is the byte flip of 0x10EC0885 and is equal to 283904133 (Info.plist)

layout-id
0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 (DSDT) is the byte flip of 0x0000000C and is equal to 12 (Info.plist)

PinConfigurations in the same order
(DSDT)
/* 0000 */ 0x40, 0x01, 0x13, 0x90, 0x41, 0x40, 0x01, 0x01,
/* 0008 */ 0x0F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40, 0x0F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40,
/* 0010 */ 0x10, 0x01, 0xA0, 0x90, 0x11, 0x01, 0xA0, 0x90,
/* 0018 */ 0x20, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01, 0x50, 0x70, 0x21, 0x01,
/* 0020 */ 0xF0, 0x01, 0x33, 0x59, 0x01, 0xE6, 0x05, 0x40,
/* 0028 */ 0x60, 0xE0, 0x45, 0x01, 0x30, 0xE0, 0xC5, 0x01
is equal to
(Info.plist)
QAETkEFAAQEPAABADwAAQBABoJARAaCQIDCBAVBwIQHwATNZAeY
FQGDgRQEw4MUB

the QAETkEFAAQEPAABADwAAQBABoJARAaCQIDCBAVBwIQHwATNZAeY comes from legacyHDA.kext

if i rename SBAZ to HDEF and insert this code, along with the right modification for my motherboard and Audio is this how to do a correct HDEF mod? if i am correct the HDEF stuff needs the DTGP method to be in the DSDT.

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x08)
{
"codec-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x85, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
},

"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"device-type",
Buffer (0x10)
{
"Realtek ALC889A"
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (0x30)
{
/* 0000 */ 0x10, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01, 0x12, 0x20, 0x01, 0x01,
/* 0008 */ 0x11, 0x60, 0x01, 0x01, 0x14, 0x10, 0x01, 0x01,
/* 0010 */ 0x30, 0x99, 0xA1, 0x01, 0x3F, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x02,
/* 0018 */ 0x31, 0x31, 0x81, 0x01, 0x1F, 0x40, 0x21, 0x02,
/* 0020 */ 0x32, 0x01, 0x33, 0x99, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x40,
/* 0028 */ 0x60, 0x01, 0x45, 0x81, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x40
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

You can read everything that's worth knowing about how to patch AppleHDA here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

Also check DSDT patches that replace HDAEnabler.kext later in the thread.

You cannot use the HDEF DSDT code that you pasted above as it is, it needs to be modified for your motherboard.

And yes, that code example needs Method DTGP, you can see the DTGP caller at the bottom.

If you want to use VoodooHDA, you have to delete AppleHDA first.