iATKOS v7 weird boot issue

IanD

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I have recently installed Leopard using iATKOS v7 and install could not have gone much better (2nd time round anyway, after I remembered to click "Customize" before "Install" to make my mouse and keyboard work! :)

Anyway, was happy as larry using Mac, turned it off for the night, came back to it in the morning and could not boot it. Would get just past the white/grey apple icon loading screen, then would show me another white screen which would slowly manipulate into lots of different lines/blocks of colours. It's quite hard to explain so I

I reinstalled making sure I had the right boxes checked for graphics drivers but the same error occurred. Perhaps I ticked one I shouldn't have or vice versa?

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-BX61VN and my graphics card is Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family if that helps. I am not convinced it's something to do with the graphics card though because it goes fine on first run?

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks!

what is your GPU?

gma950, gmax3100?

if so, just add the haspanel / model in boot.plist

if not run by boot.plist, you will have to edit the DSDT

connect an external monitor and see if you can see the desktop

if the external monitor does not work, I advise you use dual boot, so you may have to put the file in the root.

gmax3100.jpg

the ideal is not anything to mark the video, and use the original drivers apple, but we always have some problems to fix

this problem is one

you may also delete the kexts for this video for the single user, will enter the system, but you have to install the new kexts

-s

mount -uw /

rm -rf /system/library/extensions/appleintelgma950.kext or appleintelgmax3100.kextexit

desculpas pelo ingles

:)