Computer restarts after loading

mr1581

8 posts in this topic

I am using the 10.4.6Patched DVD to install. I have set OS X up on a seperate hd. I have loaded the chain0 command and I am able to select OS X at start up. I get to the next screen that asks to press any key to load. I hit ok and then I have tried -v and -x in Darwin. Darwin runs through the Loading HFS stuff for a minute and then the screen goes blank and the computer restarts. Please help.

Hmmm...from the sounds of it, something is happening quite early on in the boot sequence. I could only guess it could be a problem with loading the initial kexts, or the com.apple.boot.plist. You should be able to see a breif message flash by before it restarts again...do you think you could try to see what it says? Also, did you have any issues during you're install? More details would help. :)

I'm having this problem too, but there isn't a brief message. Loads of HFS+ stuff loading, all the white text goes really quickly, then the screen goes black (but doesn't restart) and then it restarts. Any ideas anyone?