VMWare Tools won't install on MacOS 10.6 running as guest OS on VMware Fusion

3 posts in this topic

Here's the setup.... I have VMware Fusion (v3.1) running MacOS 10.6 as a guest OS. This seems to have worked and I can boot into my VM without any issues. However, I can't seem to install VMWare tools so the only way to exchange files between Main OS and Guest OS is through USB drives.

I know that MacOS is not supported by VMWare as a guest OS due to Apple's licensing restrictions. Was wondering if anyone had managed to get the VMWare tools running on MacOS which is installed as a guest OS? Or is this a limitation that everyone has been living with?

Any help would be appreciated... Thx :ninja:

Here's the setup.... I have VMware Fusion (v3.1) running MacOS 10.6 as a guest OS. This seems to have worked and I can boot into my VM without any issues. However, I can't seem to install VMWare tools so the only way to exchange files between Main OS and Guest OS is through USB drives.

I know that MacOS is not supported by VMWare as a guest OS due to Apple's licensing restrictions. Was wondering if anyone had managed to get the VMWare tools running on MacOS which is installed as a guest OS? Or is this a limitation that everyone has been living with?

Any help would be appreciated... Thx ;)

Anyone??? I can't be the only one stuck with this problem

• 1 month later...