PANIC : AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0gHz

10 posts in this topic

I must be trying the same thing. I'm using EmpireEFI and a retail 10.6 disk. Is this not supposed to work? Why does EmpireEFI provide an AMD version and say to use a retail disk then?

Hi guys!

I've downloaded the legacy_kernel-10.3.0.pkg and tried to install the package. But it's unsuccessful :

" Cannot extract files from 'root' " (smth like that, since i'm not using an English copy)

How can I install the kernel manually through Leopard? Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I'm using Leopard (another partition) to install and configure the Snow partition (SL)

UPDATE:

added string "fsb=200000000", boot with legacy_kernel (for 10.6.3, mine is 10.6.3 retail) , but no success. Here is the image of the kernel panic.

post-348062-1274698511_thumb.jpg

Okay, are both Snow leopard and Leopard on the same Hard Drive, but different partitions? And are you using Chameleon RC4 on both Snow Leopard and Leopard?

Okay, are both Snow leopard and Leopard on the same Hard Drive, but different partitions? And are you using Chameleon RC4 on both Snow Leopard and Leopard?

yeah, both use Chameleon RC4 + on disk0 + different partitions. I saw some posts which said that there might be a problem if I do this... is that true?

Yes, SL is a bully when it comes to being on the same Hard Drive as Leopard. I hope you still have you Leopard distro handy cause you WILL need it.

Are you using a guide to help you?

If you are....During the 'install chameleon' step in the guide...make sure you also install chameleon on your Leopard partition as well. I am not sure what guide you are using but I would suggest using the one here in the forum for 'noobs'. I do not remember the name of the thread so you will have to search within the threads for it.

I would also suggest starting over completely!!! Remove Snow Leopard and reinstall from scratch again. This time make sure you use the kernels I told you about earlier. Make sure you don't use the 10.3.0 Legacy kernel unless you have 10.6.3 Snow leopard installed. Also I suggest that you only install Snow Leopard 10.6.0 and then update to 10.6.3 after you are IN Snow Leopard 10.6.0.

Yes, SL is a bully when it comes to being on the same Hard Drive as Leopard. I hope you still have you Leopard distro handy cause you WILL need it.

Are you using a guide to help you?

If you are....During the 'install chameleon' step in the guide...make sure you also install chameleon on your Leopard partition as well. I am not sure what guide you are using but I would suggest using the one here in the forum for 'noobs'. I do not remember the name of the thread so you will have to search within the threads for it.

I would also suggest starting over completely!!! Remove Snow Leopard and reinstall from scratch again. This time make sure you use the kernels I told you about earlier. Make sure you don't use the 10.3.0 Legacy kernel unless you have 10.6.3 Snow leopard installed. Also I suggest that you only install Snow Leopard 10.6.0 and then update to 10.6.3 after you are IN Snow Leopard 10.6.0.

Oh well, thanks! I'll try that soon =]

I guess the number of cpus are not detected. Try passing cpus=? option

For example, if you have Phenom II X4, the option would be cpus=4

Hi guys!

I've downloaded the legacy_kernel-10.3.0.pkg and tried to install the package. But it's unsuccessful :

" Cannot extract files from 'root' " (smth like that, since i'm not using an English copy)

How can I install the kernel manually through Leopard? Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I'm using Leopard (another partition) to install and configure the Snow partition (SL)

UPDATE:

added string "fsb=200000000", boot with legacy_kernel (for 10.6.3, mine is 10.6.3 retail) , but no success. Here is the image of the kernel panic.

post-348062-1274698511_thumb.jpg