HDTV Hackintosh?

Nuse

5 posts in this topic

So i setup a hackintosh using a 24" monitor with the resolution at 1920x1200 and now i have moved it to my living room to use on my 42" plasma. Whenever i boot the screen goes black after the bootloader. I can boot into safe mode, where i have changed the com.apple.boot.plist to say 1080 instead of 1200, but it still doesnt work. Not sure if that was the right step.

Overall i'd like to get it to work on the native resolution for my tv so i can have the hackintosh via hdmi fully working. Anyone else try this/know of a solution?

So i setup a hackintosh using a 24" monitor with the resolution at 1920x1200 and now i have moved it to my living room to use on my 42" plasma. Whenever i boot the screen goes black after the bootloader. I can boot into safe mode, where i have changed the com.apple.boot.plist to say 1080 instead of 1200, but it still doesnt work. Not sure if that was the right step.

Overall i'd like to get it to work on the native resolution for my tv so i can have the hackintosh via hdmi fully working. Anyone else try this/know of a solution?

There are many threads regarding that issue. It seems it has to be with HDCP not working on OSX thus the black screen.

You have to tell which video card you're using and all the rest of you system specs. Also post your config here (bootloader, kext you're using, etc.).

In my case, I have a 8800GT and works fine with DVI or with HDMI using an adapter (DVI to HDMI, 'cause my card doesn't have HDMI output) cable, but I'm not using EFI strings or DSDT, just graphicsenabler on my Chameleon and a VideoBIOS injected through the bootloader itself.

Cheers!

I am using a BFG 9800GT. I got it working with EFI Studio injection. I hope this is of some help. Yeah...im learning that its a common problem. Which is sad, because i really wanted to use it on my tv.

I am using a BFG 9800GT. I got it working with EFI Studio injection. I hope this is of some help. Yeah...im learning that its a common problem. Which is sad, because i really wanted to use it on my tv.

Well, try with GraphicsEnabler and inject your bios through the bootloader to see if it helps.

There's an advanced discussion about your issue here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1473761

Cheers!