BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! - please help!

fastcharles

5 posts in this topic

I got a macbookpro just about a month ago it's a

2.16 ghz

2 gb ram

I bought a copy of xp home yesterday to run on it. I've upgraded all the software to current and the firmware and bootcamp runs fine. After I made the drivers disk I partitioned the hd with no errors. I've tried to install windows more than once now and the same thing keeps happening. It goes to the blue screen, with "windows installing" in the upper left corner and on the bottom it goes through the "loading file:..." stuff, then it says "starting windows" on the bottom for about a minute or two before it goes to the blue screen of death with the error "session3_initialization_failed" !!! I did some checking on google and some people say this could happen because of a hardware problem or others say it's a problem with the disc. The disc looks fine to me, even though there a couple very fine nicks or scratches and this being a macbook pro I'm not really sure what to do aobut a hardware issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could the disc be corrupted? - It is a brand new, legal, retail copy. Please help me! I would really like to run my xp apps and also not be out of the $200 that xp home cost.

Thanks.

I made it to another machine today and was able to install xp from the same disc just fine onto it - I don't know the exact specs but it's a 4 year old Gateway, P4 2.xx ghz with 512 mb ram.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Aparently it's a hardware issue but I don't know where to to start. Could it possibly be the ram? Is there some way to check?

I could really use some help, so far it appears I am the only person in the world to have this problem. :)