Intel Core i5 Mobile Processors

5 posts in this topic

post-538112-1274288594_thumb.jpg

So this post is going to be dedicated to the Core i5 M Processors.

If you have an i5 m processor and also have a way of installing OS X with it (I.E. What kernel......) Please feel free to share this information.

Core i5-540m: No info on this processor, if you have info please share.

Core i5-520um: No info on this processor, if you have info please share.

Core i5-520m: No info on this processor, if you have info please share.

Core i5-520e: No info on this processor, if you have info please share.

Core i5-430m: I have a Core i5 m430 and have OS X 10.6.3 Running on all Cores with 4 threads using the Qoopz 10.3.0 Legacy_Kernel and the busratio=17 and -force64 kernel flags. (You must put these flags in the /L/P/S/com.apple.boot.plist not the /E/com.apple.boot.plist. I do not know why but o well.

Please if you have any info on these i5 mobile processors just post what you know. ;)

post-538112-1274288594_thumb.jpg

So this post is going to be dedicated to the Core i5 M Processors.

If you have an i5 m processor and also have a way of installing OS X with it (I.E. What kernel......) Please feel free to share this information.

Core i5-540m: No info on this processor, if you have info please share.

Core i5-520um: No info on this processor, if you have info please share.

Core i5-520m: No info on this processor, if you have info please share.

Core i5-520e: No info on this processor, if you have info please share.

Core i5-430m: I have a Core i5 m430 and have OS X 10.6.3 Running on all Cores with 4 threads using the Qoopz 10.3.0 Legacy_Kernel and the busratio=17 and -force64 kernel flags. (You must put these flags in the /L/P/S/com.apple.boot.plist not the /E/com.apple.boot.plist. I do not know why but o well.

Please if you have any info on these i5 mobile processors just post what you know. :D

Hi,

I have an Acer 5942G which has the Core i5 520M cpu in it. I'd like to get it running OSX, but I'm not sure which guide to follow. Which one did you use to install your system. I could post my cpu findings once installed.

Hi,

I have an Acer 5942G which has the Core i5 520M cpu in it. I'd like to get it running OSX, but I'm not sure which guide to follow. Which one did you use to install your system. I could post my cpu findings once installed.

Actually i did not follow a guide for my processor i just did it lol. Here is a guide that you might find to be a bit of help. GUIDE

• 5 months later...

Great! Thanks for the this topic!

I will try to modify it and install on my Dell with Core i5-520M.

Just one doubt: why we need to use a modified kernel (like Qoopz)? Why can't we use vanilla kernel since latest MacBooks Pro are using the same processors?

• 11 months later...
Great! Thanks for the this topic!

I will try to modify it and install on my Dell with Core i5-520M.

Just one doubt: why we need to use a modified kernel (like Qoopz)? Why can't we use vanilla kernel since latest MacBooks Pro are using the same processors?

I was wondering the same.