HFS+ Partition Error, HELP!

xDevnull

9 posts in this topic

Before I started up the OSX Installation I deleted my Windows partition and converted my HDD so I could install OSX. Basically, I have one whole HDD to this installation, once OSX finished installing and I tried to boot I got the b0 error and now I get this error, 'HFS+ Partition Error'.

I'm currently on the shell mode (Typed -s while booting on the OSX DVD). Any commands I can type here to clear this problem?

Thanks!

This is what my HDD structure currently is, I took a pic (Attached)

post-46543-1152818314_thumb.jpg

I am having the same problem. The thing is I have installed OSX from DVD and had it work almost perfectly before. I tried installing it twice tonight and after install when it goes to reboot, it never reboots the animation just continues to spin and never goes anywhere. So I do a hard reset and it boots to

HFS+ Partition Error

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am great around linux but the HFS+ filesystem is entirely new to me.

I have the same problem too.

Did the installation in a VM and tried to reboot but it just said:

HFS+ Partition Error....

Tried Chain0 method and no luck

I have XP as the first partition

OSX as the second primary partition

and an Extended FAT32 drive for data storage.

Could anyone please help? I've been searching in the forum and wiki for days.

Finally, I can have my lovely little OSX booting up in my laptop, though with various different problems.

I found out that if I set my WinXP as active, use the Chain0 method, I can boot into OSX.

The only trick is: Press F8 immediately after you've just press Enter to choose OSX.

The problem is Darwin boot to the default active partition!

In order to make a countdown, change the Library/Preferences/SystemPreferences/boot.plist, add:

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>8</string>

It appears that chain0 only works if you install OS X to a separate drive from XP, not just a patition on the same drive. At least, that's how it's working for me. I have a 10.4.6 running on my desktop machine on it's own drive, and chain0 boots it fine.

I could *not* get chain0 to work on this laptop, however. It's a Thinkpad T41, and everything works fine, including wireless network using the IO80211.kext from 10.4.5.

What I did was go here:

http://www.mecronome.de/xfdisk/

and download XFDISK. This is an enhanced FDISK type utility that also has a "Bootmanager" utility included. It looks and works almost exactly like the old OS/2 Bootmanager, except that it lives in your MBR, and does not require it's own Primary Partition.

Using XP or whatever, create a DOS boot disk and copy XFDISK to it and boot with it.. If you don't have a floppy disk drive, then download Hiren's Boot CD from the usual Torrent locations and burn it. It includes XFDISK.

Using the menu choices, install Bootmanager, then add your menu choices, pointing them to the correct drive/partition. When you are finished, save it all and reboot. You will get a nice screen with your OS choices that you set up. Select your OS and press enter!

• 2 weeks later...

If you're not trying to dual boot and you're getting the HFS+ partition error message, than I have an easy fix. Get to a terminal and type "sudo fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0" To get the the terminal you can either boot with an OSX86 install disc (like Jas or goatsecx) and wait for it to timeout (boot your install) or enter single user mode. Once you've executed the command it will ask you to confirm the operation. Answer yes and you should have no trouble next time you boot.

• 1 month later...

its easy to resolve this problem, use acronis or wheatever manager disk program to convert you partition in primary after that you should check if your partition is active if not activate, voila. problem resolved!!!

for boot manager use acronis(easy way) or chain0(user experienced)