Is Voodoo available for Snow Leopard?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so I recently bought a Gateway DX4200-09.

It has a Intel Q6600 Quad Core Processor, 4GB of RAM, and a 320GB Hard Disk.

From what I know, since Gateway doesn't specify the exact motherboard, it's the Foxconn Bengal RS780 Motherboard.

Don't get me wrong; I know how to install Leopard on this. To install Leopard, I used iDeneb 1.6.

If you are interested, read the following..

Boot off of the iDeneb 1.6 DVD. Format your drive as 1 partition and GUID (unless you're gonna triple/dual boot), and in "Customize", select the Voodoo Kernel, AppleDecrypt, AppleSMBIOS 800MHZ, VoodooPS2Controller (if you're gonna use the green/purple connector keyboard and mouse), IOUSBFamilyFix, Seatbelt Fix, AppleAzaliaAudio, AppleATIATA, and AppleYuKon2 (PM me for how to get LAN working) You have to use google to figure out what to do with ur video card. I used NVInject .2.1 for my 9500GT. After install you're good.

Anyway..so I have Leopard working. YAY. How would I go about Snow Leopard? It used Voodoo in Leopard, perhaps i use it in Snow Leopard too?

The PC uses RS780/SB7000 Chipset.

Please help, thanks !

Hey guys, so I recently bought a Gateway DX4200-09.

It has a Intel Q6600 Quad Core Processor, 4GB of RAM, and a 320GB Hard Disk.

From what I know, since Gateway doesn't specify the exact motherboard, it's the Foxconn Bengal RS780 Motherboard.

Don't get me wrong; I know how to install Leopard on this. To install Leopard, I used iDeneb 1.6.

If you are interested, read the following..

Boot off of the iDeneb 1.6 DVD. Format your drive as 1 partition and GUID (unless you're gonna triple/dual boot), and in "Customize", select the Voodoo Kernel, AppleDecrypt, AppleSMBIOS 800MHZ, VoodooPS2Controller (if you're gonna use the green/purple connector keyboard and mouse), IOUSBFamilyFix, Seatbelt Fix, AppleAzaliaAudio, AppleATIATA, and AppleYuKon2 (PM me for how to get LAN working) You have to use google to figure out what to do with ur video card. I used NVInject .2.1 for my 9500GT. After install you're good.

Anyway..so I have Leopard working. YAY. How would I go about Snow Leopard? It used Voodoo in Leopard, perhaps i use it in Snow Leopard too?

The PC uses RS780/SB7000 Chipset.

Please help, thanks !

I am surprised you mention a Q6600 CPU as I believed the Foxconn (Bengal) RS780 Motherboard MOBO to have:

Northbridge: RS780 chipset

Southbridge: SB700 chipset

Audio: ALC888S chipset/codec

and a AMD Phenom X4 1.80GHz 64bit Quad Core CPU......?

I am surprised you mention a Q6600 CPU as I believed the Foxconn (Bengal) RS780 Motherboard MOBO to have:

Northbridge: RS780 chipset

Southbridge: SB700 chipset

Audio: ALC888S chipset/codec

and a AMD Phenom X4 1.80GHz 64bit Quad Core CPU......?

Oops. Was talking about another PC. ty for correcting me.

I have the 1.8 GHz X4 processor :D

Oops. Was talking about another PC. ty for correcting me.

I have the 1.8 GHz X4 processor :(

OK...........so for Snow Leopard you may need to use the Leopard ATI SB700.kext in /Extra, as well as having to use a non-vanilla kernel............see the install guide here.......and here for latest non-vanilla kernel to try...... :D