Entourage 2k4 with Exchange

mchang

3 posts in this topic

Launches and runs okay -- for a while. It tries to sync my huge mailbox, and I eventually get this:

Sep 8 16:31:37 dellusional crashdump[285]: Microsoft Database Daemon crashed

Sep 8 16:31:37 dellusional crashdump[285]: crash report written to: /Users/mchang/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Microsoft Database Daemon.crash.log

in system.log. Ugh.

Running on Pentium-M 1.8GHz Dell Latitude D600. Everything seems kosher, but this is bugging me. Haven't really tried it with a real mac, so it may just be Entourage.

• 3 weeks later...
Launches and runs okay -- for a while. It tries to sync my huge mailbox, and I eventually get this:

Sep 8 16:31:37 dellusional crashdump[285]: Microsoft Database Daemon crashed

Sep 8 16:31:37 dellusional crashdump[285]: crash report written to: /Users/mchang/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Microsoft Database Daemon.crash.log

Well, I've installed Entourage 2004 + SP2 under Release1 + Maxxus .5 on an SSE3 Venice-core AMD and it hangs after a while on mine too. I've turned off SSL for the DAV connection. We'll see if that helps... I haven't tried this on a real Mac either from home, but it should work fine. We haven't had *this* particular problem with Entourage 2004 against our Exchange servers at work using real Macs. Initial reports from work for SP2 are very positive.

• 1 month later...

On install of Office 2004 I'm having Entourage hang too aftert ~5-10 mins of use, although pre SP2 update. (SSE2 CPU, Maxxuss .5c)

Just trying SP2, also noticed that at http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ there's another update after SP2 that fixed some Entourage & Exchange issues (although not specifically hanging, according to the page)

Where's that log file for Entourage errors?

Update: Just did the 11.2.1 upgrade and it still hangs for me (not sure if it's ever finished Synching my large Junk Email folder... wondering it it's something to do with that)

(Also on the plus side, the font 'Helvetiva Neue Light' is the least annoying I've found so far, for anyone else missing Outlook on Windows sharpness)