alc880 intel915 sound with appleazalia and *10.4.7.*?

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

old issue, new problems: after updating to 10.4.7 and working sound on alc880 with the old 10.4.3. applehda.kext i tried the old method with appleazaliaaudio.kext - in order to get working volume control, do not need input now.

appleazalia does load, but no device shows up. i tried with applehda still in the extensions, without - and all the good, old info.plist editing. no working sound with the old azalia-kexts in 10.4.7. now.

anybody got azalia and alc880 to work with 10.4.7 ?

P.S.

Or anyone with a working applehda.kext with working volume-control under 10.4.7 ? (or even 5.1-channel-support by hacking the new hda-kext or something?)

?????

ok,shi is ALC 880 drivers :D

thank you, but i already have this. this is by far not exactly my problem. thank you anyway.

my problem is appleazaliaaudio, working volume-sliders with applehda and/or 5.1 sound.

or did you manage to get a working volume-slide with the posted kext?

or even 5.1 sound?

would anybody *really* read my post above?

thank you in advance.

try booting into osx from windows if it's installed, it seems when using only appleazalia for sound in 10.4.4 and up the audio will work, but only if the audio bus has been initialized first. you could also try the instructions for getting appleazalia to work with the sound disabled in your mobo bios.

erm, don't remember myself. i remember one guide that reminds you to reenable the sound in the bios but never tells you to turn it off. if your bios doesn't have the option then dissabling the bus from the windows device manager seems like it does the same thing. don't know if it'll stick for good after the trick or not, i still don't have %100 sound on my comp.

• 5 months later...