Password Encrypt and External HD

3 posts in this topic

Is there any way to Password Encrypt an External HD so if you put it into a computer it requires a password to access the files.

I tried True Crypt but it requires you to have TrueCrypt to Mount the Hard Drive and I need to be able to plug the Hard Drive into computers that do not have Truecrypt. Does anyone out there know how to do this?

I am not instantly resorting to posting here, I HAVE looked on google for a solution but haven't found one.

Is there any way to Password Encrypt an External HD so if you put it into a computer it requires a password to access the files.

I tried True Crypt but it requires you to have TrueCrypt to Mount the Hard Drive and I need to be able to plug the Hard Drive into computers that do not have Truecrypt. Does anyone out there know how to do this?

I am not instantly resorting to posting here, I HAVE looked on google for a solution but haven't found one.

what about putting one folder on the root of the disk, then put portable TrueCrypt for windows on it (maybe the one for osx also)